cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user level security at universe level

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Implemented user level security at universe level?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Variable('BOUSER') will capture the user id of the user logged in to BO infoview and we need to put a condition in where clause of derived table so that data is restricted according to the user id.

Below is a example of such where clause which is to be used in the derived table,

WHERE   ORACLE_ACCOUNT_NAME = upper(@Variable('BOUSER'))     

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

User level security can implemented by Stub Joins.

Stub joins were often used to apply security via a reference to the BOUSER variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

I have a requirement to filter Company code based on User logged in.

For Ex: User1 should see 1000, 1100 as LOVs of Company code.

User2 should see 1200, 1500, 4000 as Company code LOVs.

How do i achieve at universe level? Please note, I dont want to Hide/Restrict the access of Companycode object for the User but i want restrict the LOV of Companycode object.

Help me with this

Thanks in Advance,

Parthiban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

Steps to achieve Row level restriction in Universe

Tools - - > Manage Security - ->Manage Access Restrictions

Under Available Restriction :

Click New

Choose which Environment (Dev/Pre-Prod/Prod) in Connection Tab

Choose Row Tab to create a row level restriction which has Select and Where Option

Select --> Which Table

Where --> Condition like (<Company Code>)                               

Under Available groups and users:

Create a group by or Single user ID to whom you want to restrict.

then Preview the restriction created and confirm.

Thanks and Regards,
Rathankumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathankumar,

Thanks much for your Response

Can u post screenshots? i can't able to locate Row Tab. Please note, I'm using BEx Query hence what should i give in Select--> Which Table?

Also Please give an example code for Where --> Condition like (<Company Code>).

Thanks,

Parthiban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gansesh,

Above specified option can apply only when Database system is used as a backend.You have mentioned that you are using BEx,Unfortunately we doesn't have any option to restricted the user access in universe level.

But BW team can do this,Only thing you have to make sure is whether the user has BO/BW authentication.If BW authentication means it simple,they will handle it,else BO means need to perform serveral steps to achieve.(Advice to handover  it to BW)

Regards,

Rathankumar P

Answers (0)