cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to invoke a call or email from webi report displaying in ipad BI 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got some syntaxes from BI4.0 mobile documentation to invoke call/email from report in IPAD.

1) for calling (if we tap on this ipad should dial this number specified)

="<a href='laction://phoneto?num='012345678'$desc='calling'$'>Call</a>"

2) for sending email (if we tap on this cell, email has to be sent to this person specified)

="<a href='laction://mailto?to='john@gmail.com'&subject='hi'&body='Whenismeeting'$'>Email</a>"

I placed these formulae in two cells and set read as "hyperlink".

Now when i tap on these cells in ipad, nothing happening. (no error /no message)

Is this feature is available in BI 4.0 SP02  patch 2.15 (as i am using this).

Or am i missing some syntax.

Please  help on this.

Thanks,

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, I guess you should try to download the BI4 SP04 package, there are a lot of features there. In order to make a phonecall using a link, i never tried that, but if I imagine what you want to do, you need to configure the ipad for that.

Right now we send the report with or without handwritten notes through email using the ipad app feature "" , but you should configure this on your ipad as well. For example we did configure IPAD mail with an exchange account, and we have also configured the mail server in the CMC... This way we share the ipad content through SAP StreamWork or by clicking the option for email on the upper right corner of the app.

Hope it helps

shai_greenberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

From what I understand, this feature is supported only on Blackberry.

Regards,

Shai.