Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Bulk Meassage

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to collect certain number of records from third party sytem, put them into XI bulk message and then i need to send the XI bulk message to sap system.

can anybody plaese explain me what is XI bulk message and how can i build XI bulk message.

please give me some suggetions about how to configure this scenario.

Answer will be rewarded.

Kind Regards

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do u mean by collecting the messages?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for collecting th emessage and then processing below are the links for ur reference:

<a href="/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm of IDoc to Single File</a>

<a href="/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm IDocs without BPM</a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where did you hear about "Bulk Message"? There is no such terminology in XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi prabhuand bhavesh,

Thanks for ur quick reply.

My actual requirement is we got a file in third party system.The file contains 200 thousand records.i need to send these records to sap system using XI.This must be done everyday in the morning 6 o clock.

So somebody suggest me the following way.

So clear recommendation is to collect a certain number of records, put them into an XI bulk message and then send it to SAP . The only downside of this approach would be that such bulk messages don't have the same distribution flexibility as single record messages. Meaning: With single record based XI messages you can assign the target of this message within the message itself. Bulk messages will be distributed to their target based on the message type.

I coudnt understand above suggestion.can anybody knows about this please explain me in detail.

Kind Regards

Praveen

Message was edited by:

praveen kumar

Message was edited by:

praveen kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Are you getting a TXT file and using Content Conversion?

if yes you have an option in your Content Conversion called RECORDSETS PER MESSAGE.

using this option you can limit the number of records that are processed in one shot by XI.

Also, how are you interacting / sending data to the target system?

if you are using idoc's , you can use Idoc packaging.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh,

Also, how are you interacting / sending data to the target system?

Iam using proxy in target system.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, just use Recordsets per message and restrict the number of records ads per requirement and the scenario will work fine.

Recordsets per message will split your source file into multiple records as you want, so you dont have a huge data entering Integration Engine.

Regards

Bhavesh