cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xsi:nil='true' not able to process in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

We are using PI 7.3 . Sender as Web Service.

We received the schema from third party and we are getting value xsi:nil='true'. I want to  remove from the ta before mapping.

<DELIVERYDATE xsi:nil='true'/>  the value is coming like this.

But failing inmapping.

Please help to handle the same

regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You should first check with the third party to see if they can conform to the WSDL provided to you. The programming language used to create the web service will have way to not send this value. Although not relevant, have a look at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-user/200804.mbox/%3CBF6B6CA032BA0A429BD924F9676514....

If the service providers can not handle this, You can handle in PI by adding an attribute nil to the element. If you need to remove the name space of the attribute, you can use XMLAnonymizer. I recently did this in the case of a .net service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nageshwar. 

Current wsdl schema for this field is

<xsd:element name="DELIVERYDATE" type="MXDateTime" minOccurs="0" nillable="true" />

And same schema is available in PI but when we are testing at PI it does not validate  but it validate in other xml editor.

When we are getting  this tag  with nil  we are receiving as 

<DELIVERYDATE nil="true"/>

which PI schema is not validating.

As its one to one mapping  with date transformation.  then it is passing   nil as attribute at next level. Which I need to remove. before passing.

Regards

Ram

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the mapping error?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor

If you want to remove xsi:nil from the element, you can use boolean function "isNil" and an "if" statement to pass an empty constant.

There should not be any error in mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan, 

thats I requried . it helps.

regards

Ram

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great thinking. I like it.

Answers (0)