Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro

srinivaskifb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Am new to SAP , we are using SAP ECC 6 . We need a solution to automate password reset using Internet explorer and password should send automatically to users's registered mail.How to do it can you help in this regard.

Regards

Srinivas.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

We also have this requirement and are looking at 3 possible options:

1) Building a custom web dynpro application solution that would be available on our NWBC for HTML log-on page.

2) Purchase and install the Password Self-Service functionality available in SAP's GRC software.

3) Purchase and install Security Weaver's Reset Password (RP) functionality.

Obviously it's hard to say what the best option is, as each has different benefits and costs depending on your requirements. I would suggest considering each option and settle on the best approach for your company. Good luck!

Jay

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use normal node read methodologies to read inputs, then prepare mailer formats and you can trigger mail with the help of CL_BCS class.

still not clear, post your idea here, or ask more.

srinivaskifb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Chengalarayulu D,

Thanks for your reply, i need it in internet explorer.How to do it.

srinivaskifb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Chengalarayulu D,

Kindly refer the attached Image,i need the same solution.This is available in online IDES testing server.

Regards

Srinivas.K

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by internet explorer? if you want to do reset from portal logon page, then I hope you need NWBC help.

Or else inside portal try to call the same tcode with the help WEBGUI Services.

Regards

Srinivas

srinivaskifb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas ,

Thanks for you reply,Kindly refer my above reply in that i have attached the screen what i need.

I need the solution , if user locks or forget password,we will give them one URL so that they can answer some security questions and user id and mail id. Then user should unlock and password should send to his registred mail ID.

Regards

Srinivas.K

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are talking abt portal user id resets then take the help of portal consultant to achieve the same. they are having some inbuilt functionality.

if you really want some custom solutin for reset password, develop your own wbeynpro application for the same functionality.

then give the webdynpro application URL for resetting password.

and in above corresponding webdynpro service( SICF tcode) provide default user id and password in logontab of above service.

Regards

Srinivas