cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while activating Calculation View

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to activate a very simple calculation view (using sql script) but it is failing with column store error - 34053. I tried different tables and schemas but still get the same error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MDXRuntime: Internal deployment of object failed: Internal Error:Deploy Calculation View: SQL: column store error: [34053] failed to save calculation scenario : The following errors occured: Could not create repository entry for scenario (34053)nDetails (Warnings):n- CalculationNode (139206) -> attributes: No attributes found.nnnSet Schema DDL statement: set schema "EFashion"nType DDL: create type "_SYS_BIC"."efashion/CV_SCRIPT/proc/tabletype/VAR_OUT" as table ("ARTICLE_ID" INTEGER, "COLOR_CODE" INTEGER)nProcedure DDL: create procedure "_SYS_BIC"."efashion/CV_SCRIPT/proc" ( OUT var_out "_SYS_BIC"."efashion/CV_SCRIPT/proc/tabletype/VAR_OUT" ) language sqlscript sql security definer reads sql data as  n /********* Begin Procedure Script ************/ n BEGIN n t var_out = SELECT article_id, color_code t          FROM shop_facts;nnEND /********* End Procedure Script ************/nVersion: 62n

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll appreciate any inputs on this.

Regards,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal

Have you been able to resolve this issue with activating calculation views?  I have seen similar behavior on our inhouse copy of SAP HANA.  I have also seen a similar issue when creating a simple proc in sap hana.

Harold

0 Kudos

Harold,

No, after spending couple of days figuring out what is wrong I ended up re-building AWS box and error went away. I still don't know what was the issue same procs and calculation view works fine in new environment.

-Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

From the limited information available here, recommed you to check check the following:

a. In your var_out, you have declared both article_id and color_code as integers. Are they defined as integers in the underlying table as well?

b. The error message that stands out is "No attribtues found". In the output part of your calculation view, have you added any fields to the output section on the right side? Have you added them both as attribtues or both as measures?

In revision 35 (that I am currently on), it allows you to have calculation views with just attributes and no measures and vice versa. However, not sure if this was the case in previous revisions.

c. If you are on an older revision, suggest you upgrade to one of the later or the latest revision.

Thanks,

Anooj

0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

a. Both are defined as integers in the underlying table as well.

b. I've defined article_id as an attribute and color_code as a measure.

c. If this continues then we'll upgrade to revision 35. I am currently using AWS image, which is on revision 28.

As I've mentioned earlier, this looks like some kind of an access issue. If i take the resulting procedure from the error message and var_out type and try to run it through SQL Editor then still i get the same error. BTW I'm using user SYSTEM so assuming that it should have all the access and I've granted select access on underlying schema to _SYS_REPO user. Not sure if I need to define any other access.

Regards,

Vimal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, are you able to activate attribute & analytical views successfully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add - you might know this already - revision 35 for AWS is now available

0 Kudos

Yes, I am able to activate attribute and analytical views successfully. Also, i saw documenation on how to upgrade aws version to revision 35 so as a last resort i will do that.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vimal:

Upgrading to revision 35 only takes few minutes if you follow the instructions mentioned in the below post instructions or watch the video.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30980

I suggest you upgrade to eliminate the doubt.

Regards,

Rama

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal, since you are just doing a test using the EFASHION content can you post the actual SQLScript you are using here?  It might help to spot the problem.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Below is the script .. I've tested the same script through SQL editior (with Schema name before table name) and it works fine. I am sure I was able to activate calculation views before and somehow it just stopped working!

/********* Begin Procedure Script ************/

BEGIN

var_out =

SELECT article_id, color_code FROM shop_facts;

END /********* End Procedure Script ************/

Thannks,

Vimal Shah

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Might be a stupid question, but did you define your OUTPUT structure matching exactly with the columns article_id and color code. Secondly which of the columns are you planning to use as measure ?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

This is just a test calculation view. I've defined article_id as an attribute and color_code as a measure. I also cross checked the output datatype matches with the column table. Digging deeper into this issue,  it seems that this error shows up due to resulting procedure is not getting compiled and SAP HANA is not able to store it under _SYS_BIC schema. This issue just started. Even if i try to redeploy existing calculation view i get this error. May be some kind of access issue... not sure..

Regards,

Vimal Shah