cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using embedded images in Geomaps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Has anyone been able to show embedded images on a geomap report?

I have followed the instructions of the Administrator and Report Designer's Guide for IPAD 4.1.0 --> chapter 11.10.2 which says that if a report has embedded images on a column, one must use imd(n) instead of imu(n). Unfortunately the image does not appear on the report, hence the values and additional reports cannot been accessed.

Has anyone tried to do this successfully?

please let me know.

Pd.- I don't want to use URL images because of the enterprise security policy (bank policy)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having issues using embedded images.

Within webi i have a vertical table with image column.  I've tried both boimg and a local directory on my drive. Within Webi I see the image, but once I try to view on ipad i just see the written formula and no image. Needless to say when I try to use with a geomap and use imd(n) or imu(n) it doesn't work either.

I was only able to get an image to show on ipad by entering a full website url, but this is not a long-term solution.

Anyone successful with embedded images in a vertical table and also geomap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried using embedded images in my GeoMap. I used conditional formatting in WebI , as I had to display my images based on a condition. In conditional formatting,instead of colors I uploaded  images for display. It appeared in the iPad. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

There are certain restrictions with respect to height of embedded images, please ensure your embedded image height is not exceeding 28 pixels, also assume that you are using either png or jpg format.

Thanks

Mallik