cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can SAP ME tell me where the SFC is in queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we communicate via Web Services with SAP ME Base 5.2.6.2, Counter 9.

The Web Service "Complete" should send as response, at which step(s) the completed SFC in in Queue next (Web Services Guide: <me:QueuedStep> The step the routing at which the SFC was placed in queue See <me:QueuedStep> in the Appendix A: Ref Elements).

E. g. I have a Routing with Step A, B, C and Complete a SFC at Step A i await Step B in the QueuedStep Response.

Actual i get Step A in the QueuedStep Response - why?

I can send Start again to get the queue information by parsing the error text, but this is not the best work around...

We would like to use the SAP ME routing to tell a PLC axis where to put the component next, e.g. from leak testing to functional testing.

Thanks for your help - best regards

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

we will update soon to SAP ME 5.2.7.9 which is available in the marketplace since 16.08.2012.

Maybe the issue is fixed in this patch?

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Basically, SAP Release Notes provide that information. But I will update this thread once have clarified this particular case against ME 5.2.7.

Also, I found that you opened a support message against it, so you may refer to that message for further bug investigation\processing.

Regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos

The fix came to 5.2.7.8.

Regads,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The response should indeed contain the next step. This was a known issue and was fixed in version 5.2.7 and 6.0.3.4.

0 Kudos

Stuart,

I have not found that fix in ME 5.2.7 Release Note and decided to re-test it in 5.2.7.7 system I have - it is not fixed there yet. Do you know in which patch of 5.2.7 it was addressed?

Regards,

Alex.