cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 SP4: unable to import universe after converting to UNX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a universe that we migrated from our 3.1 environment to BI4, I can open the universe in universe design tool, however, after successfully converting the universe to a unx universe, I am unable to import the universe from the repository in Universe Design Tool.  I am able to import other UNX universes, just having issue with this one.  I have deleted and recreated the universe several times, with no scucess.

Any thoughts, I have attached the screen shot version of IDT?

Brad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brad,

Are you sure you are checking it correctly.

In case of UDT, when you are trying to "Import" universe you will only see .UNV files. .UNX universe will not be visible to you.

Similarly in case of IDT there is no "Import" button and the option is "Retrieve pulished universe from" and in this case you will only see .UNX and not .UNV

Can you please share some snapshot from UDT which shows that you are able to import another .UNX file?

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I understand that in UDT you will only see .UNV files.  Let me try and clarify:

I have a universe that in UDT I can open edit save and run queries in 4.0 against this UNV universe.  However, when I convert the universe

I get the message that it converted successfully

However, when I go to my project folder and try an import the universe it just hangs there.  We have converted about 15 universe in our sandbox environment, this is the only one that will not import. 

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

i also get this message when I try and close

Brad

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Can we run the integrity check in UDT(4.0) on .unv universe and look for inconsistancy if any at source itself.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am not sure the root cause, but what I discovered is that there was 1 folder that when I removed it from the unv universe, I was able to successfully convert the universe.  I just had to open the unx universe and add the objects manually in the folder.

Brad

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that LOV folder?

the name of the folder might be same as the universe name

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it not the LOV folder, I did some more testing removing 1 measure from the folder at a time until I was able to determine which measure was causing the issue.  Once I found the measure, what I discovered was the in the help text there was a character before the first letter(looks king of like a carriage return, when we removed this the issues was resolved.  I have no idea why this created the issue.