cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip input field on tab press

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a series of input fields. These are a mix of editable and read only. When i press the keyborad tab button, the focus shifts to the next field (including read only fields).

I want the tab press to skip the read only fields. Bringing the focus to read only fields doesnt make sense.

Is there a solution for this?

I could use text view, but the boxed view design of read only input fields is better to see.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prisford,

I just saw this new discussion on SCN and it sounds as if this is a "feature" of the release and enhancement pack level you are on.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prisford,

I wonder what release and enhancement pack you are on and what browser version you are using? Also, how are you disabling the read-only InputFields?

I am running Netweaver 7.0 EhP 1, and on both IE 8 and Firefox 10.0.6 the tab navigation does skip over InputFields whose readOnly property is set to true.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

I am working on ECC 6.0 EhP 5 release 702 and using IE 9.

I have made the input fileds read only by checking the read only property in the layout.

I tried out the same in Chrome and there also it doesnt skip the read only fields.

Thanks,

Pris.

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prisford,

there is no such feasibility on the version you are using i guess, don't know about latest releases. really focus goes including read-only also, i too tried.