cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to be a sap fi developer, so what things that i have to learn and do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My name is Orkun. I am working at a sport wear brand in Turkey. My job is investigating our customer's financial status.

So i am user of SAP FI. And now, i want to learn more than a standart user. i want to make reports, i want to program in SAP FI.

but i dont know where do i start? i am waiting for your answers.

thank you for your helps..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

If you say you want to develop report and do program ...whatever the Logistics you select in SAP ..for coding and all you have to learn  the Coding part of the SAP that is ABAP(Advanced Business Application Programming)  which is the core for all the programming don in SAP .

if you just interested in FI then you can find study materials in Google . also try to find any training centers or online

refer this.

http://www.erpselftraining.com/product/SAP_FI_FI-CO_TFIN50_TFIN5.html

Thank You & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, thank you very much. and now, i understand that i must know ABAP.

but, i want to learn a thing more. do i have to learn all of ABAP, or a part of it? and where do i find usefull things about ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

ABAP is more of programming and you should have programming background to master over it. If you already have FI experience try to expand knowledge base both in FI & CO. A book by DAVID NOWAK on FICO configuring will help you  lot on this.

Regards,

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

No i don;t suggest to go core in ABAP , u just need to no how to create report and  a little bit basic knowledge of DDIC(i.e., Database table creation) and also you can try earning BDC or LMW these two are data migration process .i.e., uploading data from non-SAP system to SAP system and vice versa.

But since your main focus is in SAP FI you better understand the concepts involved in FI more because FI indeed is a vast subject in SAP.

Hope you understood reward if its been helpfull.

Thank You & Regards.

Ron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gangadhar

thank you for your answer. is there another ways to learn ABAP programming?

because i live in Turkiye. and maybe, i cant find this book know.

is there web source or ebooks about ABAP programming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

in google try to find study material by name  BC400.

which is the basic for the ABAP Beginners.

Thanks & Regards

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again

i just understand that there is no need for me not to study and learn programming ABAP, isn't it?

or my programming way must start from FI/CO?

my english is not good, sorry for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

it OK Orkun,

no problem,  everyone will go through the learning stages.

if you got answers for you doubts, please click on Green Star(Right answer) Yellow Star (Helpfull Answer) and at top click if you got the assumed answer. and close the thread.

Thank You & Regards

Ron.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

What ever you are now is a good start for learning SAP FI and Coding on ABAP.

You have got some business knowledge first and later when you want to learn SAP FI and ABAP you can co-relate them very easily.

As you also know the Hottest Top Module in SAP Modules are many But FI Holds the Rank1.

Then HCM and then CRM.

I would suggest you to go to the nearest Educational partner of SAP and do a Certification on FI which will give a bright future

You need to kick start and do some hardwork in reading for completing the certification. Once you complete your certification you can get a job just like that. Because FI and CO are very Hot Modules.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Orkun,

if you post here, you qualification like your basic degree or diploma, any local or international certification like Chartered accountant, etc, how many years you have been end user

of SAP FI,

it would be more easier to guide you.

but basically take this.

ABAP is used to program the SAP system (now a days JAVA is also used regularly)

1.if u just want to create reports then, its fine an SAP consultant can do for your and you can use it

2 but if ur thinking that you want to develop sap fi reports for others, then you must learn ABAP programming, its like C programming or java ( its not the same its just ex:) 

if you hate programing, coding and looking into very large codes of like, avoid ABAP

3. if you want to help clients on implementing SAP FI to solve their financial problems etc you can become SAP FI consultant, you need to join SAP authorized training in turkey check with www.sap.com education and training section.