Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating Track using CMS Wizards - Modify a Software Component

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on NW 7.3. NWDI is installed in our landscape. I am trying to create a track for Biller Direct component using the CMS Wizard  - Modify a Software Component. In the Wizard , I have given the name, vendor and release of the Biller Direct SC. I get the following error in the step "Retreive Dependencies for Selected Template"

Error: String must not be empty

InvokeService:Retrieve Dependencies for Selected Template

Library: sap.com/tc~lm~config~content

SourcePath ./DICMSModifySCProcess/DICMSCommonProcess/DIMaintainSCs/DIInvokeReplacePattern

Time 2012/08/17 at 15:21:49

WSDL /content/Netweaver/DI/SLD/services/replacePattern.wsdl

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: String must not be empty

at com.sap.ctc.util.di.services.SLDServices.replacePattern(SLDServices.java:374)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Please advice .

Regards,

Adren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please make screenshots of the previous steps of the wizard where you had to enter any input?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

The other steps where I had to enter some details  :

The CMS URL(http://host:port)

The track name , description along with the DTR URL (http://host:port/dtr) and CBS URL (http://host:port)

The SC name, vendor  and release which is FSCM_BD, sap.com and 635 respectively

I guess screenshots are not required for the above steps ..

That's all !! In the next step I get the error which I mentioned previously .

Regards,

Adren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

so you say there were no steps in which you left at least one inputfield (dropdownlist, etc) emtpy, right?

Problem is that I made some research and there is no single case that deals with this issue, meaning this error is new for me and also meaning that if during the wizard everything was filled in properly then I have no further idea at the moment, let's hope someone else has.

I would just give some hints to narrow down the problem, for instance attempt to create any other kind of track to see if this is a global issue or related only to FSCM_BD. If only FSCM is involved, then you can eventually look around in the defaultTrace at the time when this problem occured.

What you can do as an alternative is that you don't use the wizard, but create the track manually in CMS. As far as I know this wizard does nothing else, just does the same steps what can be done in cms as well. If you know how to create a track this should not be a problem.

Sorry that I cannot serve by a better solution this case, still I hope the above thoughts gives you an idea how to step forward.

Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your time . The previous steps in the wizard are performed correctly. Yes, I found that this is a very typical issue. As you mentioned , tracks can be created manually  , but i do not want to do that . SAP has given this wizard option to eliminate the manual steps . I checked the default trace and i didnt get much clue from it .

What I am guessing -  is this the problem with NW 7.3 !! I remember following the same wizard in NW 7.01 for ESS and it worked fine .

Thanks again for looking into this issue.

Regards,

Adren

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

We had to apply the latest patch for LMCTC and LMCFG componets as per note #1749574 to resolve the mentioned issue.

I am able to create the Track now using the Wizard. When I import the track in NWDS, I cannot see any DCs under the FSCM_BD SC . One strange thing which i observed is that i cannot find any sca files in the checkin tab of the track in the CMS  .

Any idea why this is happening ?

Regards,

Adren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

I am glad to hear that the originally reported issue is resolved.

Regarding your current question I would start here:

#1259604 – CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed

Please consider asking 1 question in 1 thread since it helps everyone in problem searching in future.

If the above note doesn't help, then please close this thread by marking it as answered and open a separate thread (since we are getting far from the wizard related problem, and if people use search terms like "wizard" they find this thread which is not completely about it any more).

Thank you !

Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ervin,

Closing this thread . The Note #1259604 is not applicable in this scenario as there are no files in the Check-In Directory. Have opened a new discussion for the CMS Check-In Directory  - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3228628

Regards,

Adren

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_noethe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the issue has been fixed together with the correction done in SAP Note 1684123. So if you are on older SP for which the note provides a patch, then applyign the patch will solve the issue.

If there is no patch for your NWDI version you could either create the track manualy in CMS Web UI Landscape Configurator or use the CTC Wizard on any other NW AS Java which has newer SP / Patches installed. While executing the wizard provide the URL of your CMS (on your NWDI) and then the track is created remotely.

The Wizard can be found in NWA --> Configuration --> Scenarios --> Configuration Wizard --> All Configuration Tasks --> Find with 'Modify'.

Best regards,
Daniel