cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning revenues using sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can i directly create Sales order without inquire and quotation phase if i know the amount which client will pay for the company. Actually I want to plan revenues using sales order. here plan revenues means billing plan for the sales order. Billing milestones are transfered as billing dates. when i confirm activities i get the billing amount which is revenue. Is the process corect? please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taushar,

Can i use RRB process in order to get revenue on consultants for a company base don their working hours.

thanks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

I think it is not possible to get revenue on consultants for a company based on their working hours.

However, it is possible to get revenue on Network Activity which can be used by consultants to book working hours.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tuahar,

I mean network activity only as we plan hours through ativites which are part of wbs.

i think  we can carry out revenue base result annalysis on billing elements ,if i take each consultant as wbs billing elemnet  can i have revenue base report on each wbs seperately?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

Yes, you can check following S_ALR reports to see revenue on each WBS.

S_ALR_87013564 : Revenue: Plan/Actual/Variance

S_ALR_87013531 : Cost/revenues/expenditures/receipts

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

in my project if i plan Rs 1,50000 as plan cost for all consultant for a month  and 140000 as actual cost and if client pay RS 200000 then the revenue will be 200000 or 50000.

i will plan RS 1,50000 through network activities by work center, once i confirm activities i will get actual cost i.e 140000. I just struk here , i am confused where to give in system  RS 200000 from client and how exactly to retreive revenues based on respective consultants.

would you please suggest me.

thanks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar .please give me your suggession sorry for disturbing you.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you plan 150,000.00 and actual 140,000.00 coming from activity confirmation.

here you have variances in plan and actual is 10,000.00

Rs 200,000 is the revenue that would be placed on Sales Order and not the 50,000.00

So finally your revenue would be 200,000.00.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

You can create Sales order for Rs. 200000.

Go to Billing plan tab of Sales order item and copy dates of billing milestone as dates in billing plan.

In account assignment tab of Sales order, you need to enter Billing WBS element and in Sales B tab page, you need to enter DIP profile.

--This will be your Revenuw planning.

Then after doing activity confirmation,billing milestone releases billing block in Sales order.

You can then create Billing request using T code DP91.

Subsequently, you can create billing document ( T code VF01) for Billing request created above.

This will be your Actual Revenue.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

total sale = total revenue

Client is giving 200000 then same amount would be total revenue and 50000 would be profit center.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

i need to do this project alone can i do it? could you please suggest me.

process

1) in creating  sales order where exactly should i give rs 200000

Former Member
0 Kudos

thamks sanjev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

If you have firm order from Customer for Rs.200000, then you can enter in the form of pricing procedure in Sales order, Please get in touch with SD consultant for this.

Alternatively as standard process, you can use Sales pricing function (T code DP81) to determine Sales price for Customer inquiry. Using this function, you can create quotation for Customer inquiry.

When you create quotation, you are saving values as an SD quotation.

Then with reference to this Quotation, you can create Sales order ( T codeVA01).

I would suggest you to refer links that has been suggested earlier to know whole process.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

with the help of SD consultant i just createdsales order. i directly started from sales order creation as i have firm order. but when i am trying to plan revenue through sales order from CN41 i am not able to get billing plan tab for transfering billing milestones dates  into the billing plan. could you help me.

regards,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abinay,

Please use alternate standard process of creating inuiry and quoation using Sales pricing function.

which I suggested earlier.

Regards

Tusar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks i will find out. to make sure,

1) MY revenue is 200000( i got it fromcost planning + profit) which i give in condition tab of sales order.

2) IN CN41 befor deleting billing plan some value is displayed, is this plan revenue(200000). if so why we have to delete it and plan on milestone billing dates

3) once activities are confirmed based on milestone billing is done.

if i give SD consultant as wbs and its work hour as activity and confirm them , the milestone of billing revenue for respective SD consultant should be done .

where exactly i can seen actual revenue of that consultant(WBS).

am i following right process. please help me out.

thanks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Unfortunately i need a change in the project. can we do entire this concept without activities? which i fear regarding actual posting how can we get on Wbs base. they want to do it alone with PS module for revenue they want me to use z-codes? Is this possible please guide me.

thnaks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

I think it is not posisble to do this without activities as this is Customer project.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for clarification Tushar, i am folowing the way which you suggest me to , during the process when i am trying to to sales pricing(DP 81), i am getting the following error. could you hepl me out.

thanks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

This error is related to Material determination.

Please get help of SD consultant to resolve this error.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Acutually i don't have any SD consultant, if u have any idea could you please guide me. Is this the error with DIP Profile?

Thanks,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

Check configuration for DIP profile that you are using and see if Material determination indicator is set for the " Cost element" characterstic.Cost element is made availalble as a characteristic for material determination using sets. Only if this indicator is set you can enter a set for the characteristic in the table "Material determination"

As suggested earlier, please go through SAP note 301117 for Enhanced documentation for DIP.

Also, I would suggest you to start new thread for any new questions that you may come up as this question is already marked as answered.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Can we implement RRB concept alone with PS module. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get a chance to look at those links. please read them. No it is not possible to implement RRB with PS module. I am not sure let us wait and see experts views on this one.

http://sapqueries.blogspot.com/2007/05/rrb-resource-related-billing.html

RRB (Resource Related Billing) Documentation.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could anybidy suggest me on this issue.

thanks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar,

could you suggest me where eactly we customize DIP profile regarding PS.

thanks,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

Please refer SAP note 301117 for Enhanced documentation for DIP at below mentioned link

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=301117

You can go to following path for configuration of DIP profile.

SPRO-> Project System-> Revenues and Earnings-> Integration with SD documents -> Creating Quotations and Project Billing -> Maintain Profiles for Quotations and Billing

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar ,

thbaks for your infromation. actually in IDES iam doing a project which is like

A comapnay having SAP consultants will give support to a client and in return get payment from client.

my aim

the company should have revenue report on each consultant.

Can i do it as customer project if so could you give me suggestion.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the RRB process to capture this kind of process.

Refer to the below links which gives an idea what is RRB process and its usages.

http://sapqueries.blogspot.com/2007/05/rrb-resource-related-billing.html

RRB (Resource Related Billing) Documentation.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry i am not able to find that link. could you please check it once.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can create a sales order when you have firm order customer with price and delivery date.

you can set up billing wbs element which is having billing milestones and copied over to sales order.

Thus that becomes your revenue planning on project.

When you confirm your activities, actual hours are valuated with activity type maintained in that activity and that would be the actual costs on project.

When you confirm the billing milestone associated with billing milestone which releases the billing block in sales order billing line. then when invoiced to customer that triggers the revenue generation for the project.

Regards,

Sudhakar