Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress forecast messages generated in Log view

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

we are getting a message "Not Possible to carry out the forecast - no historical data"   during the process chain run which has a univariate forecast profile executed at this step.  Earlier we suppressed some mesages by selecting the option of SELECT Messages by displaying the planning job.

issue now is we are unable to find the above generated message in the select messages option of the planning job.

Can any one please point out how we can suppress the above message. Also please let us know in which table are these messages coming from.

There is no issue with data, we know that there is no historical data, but still want to suppress this message from the LOG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is that kind of forecast error that you cannot suppress.

When you select an error that to be suppressed, it means that even with this error, you still want the forecast to be generated. But the error you get -- no historical data, is a severe error that you cannot suppress because you cannot generate any forecast with this error. Ignoring such error will make no sense.

Best Regards,

Ada

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please let us know where is this message coming from , table name etc.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but not clear about your question. How could a message come from a table? It is issued by the program when no historical data is found ...

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

if that is the case, can you please let us know where is the error messages configured to be visible at activity level select messages.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but it is not configurable as you expected. Neither at activity level nor othe settings. The message that can be selected in activity are those errors not really affect forecast, you can consider them as soft constraint of forecast. The forecast can be finished successfully even with those errors. But this error that you encountered, is, on the contrary, a hard constraint. The forecast cannot be finished with this error. It has to be issued instead of ignored. Just hope you can understand the logic here.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying my doubt regarding the hard constraint, now i get the point that it cannot be ignored. Coming to the soft constraints that the other messages pertain to, is there a config setting for that that needs to be maintained. Say if it were a case where i need to add some custom messages.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, sorry that I do not know a way to add customizing messages without modification. It seems the only thing you can do is adding customizing error calculation by implementing BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_FCSTERR. And this corresponds to error 443 'Customer-specific error too big'.

Answers (0)