cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with logging into DTR through NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed NWDS 7.0 newly. I configured SLD URL, DTR Client URL and J2EE engine. I have made the needed host file enteries.
Now, Every time I try to edit DC in WD/any perspective, the pop up appears indicating "Logon to DTR required" (NOTE: I have already logged into DTR from DTR perspective and the "Log On.." button also shows that I have logged into DTR). When I logon using my UID and password, in the DTR console, the server response time will be indicated. Further when I try to edit any DC again, it again asks me for DTR logon.

Thus, I am not able to log on and make changes in DCs at all.

I assumed that there might be some network issue. I telnet' ed the IP of the SLD (including the <Host> <port>). However, I am able to telnet the IP without any issues.

I do not understand what can be the issue

I request somebody to help me in this.

Thank you,

Regards,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I can see that this forum discussion is still open. Did you manage to solve the problem in the meantime?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

can you please tell how exactly you made the configurations in NWDS and in the hosts file?

What is the version of your NWDS (Help -- About in NWDS). What is the Release and SP version of the nwdi server and sld ?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

This is how I configured the SLD, DTR Client and J2EE engine details in NWDS:

For SLD:  In NWDS->Windows->Preferences->Java Development Infrastructure->Development Configuration Pool, under URL section provide SLD URL

For J2EE Engine:  In NWDS->Windows->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine, provide the Message Server Host and Port

For DTR Client: under DTR perspective, right click on Repository icon under Repository Browser view, provide the DTR URL

Coming to version of NWDS: 7.0.15

NWDI Details:

●      Release: 7.0

●      Support Package: 11

Hope this is useful

Regards,

Pooja

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I can see a potential problem.

NWDS is 700 SP15 while NWDI is 700 SP11.

There are 3 problems with this:

1. NWDS should match to NWDI

2. small SP difference is allowed, but NWDI mustn't be lower.

3. There was a major change on NWDI in SP13. SP mismatch should be avoided as good as possible, but if it comes to SP13 or lower, then this mismatch has to be taken even more seriously.

How could it affect your case? Just think of the many many clients inside your NWDS that are ensuring communication with the NWDI server side elements, like sdm client, dtr client, cbs client, etc.

I would not even proceed further until this is not corrected because as mentioned this could be the reason for the sideeffects you are just experiencing.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

one small addition: the less painful test would be to download 700 SP11 NWDS and make a test if you face the same logon problem. If yes, then we can proceed with the analysis finding out what causes the problem, but apart from all this, the above mentioned version rules are still valid and have to be considered in future landscape planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thank you so much for such good explaination. I have requested for a patch upgrade of NWDI. The additonal point at the end was really helpful to handle the current situation. Our Basis team could get hold of NWDS 7.0 with SP 11 and I installed it in a fresh system with no other applications at all installed. However, I am facing now a strange problem.
In DTR perspective of NWDS, I am able to checkout items and create activities.

But after logging into to DTR, in Web Dynpro Perspective, I am not able edit or create any activites.

Is this related to NWDS or is it related to my authorizations in NWDI?

Thank you,

Regards,

Pooja

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in order to find out what is going on I should see this problem, can you send some screenshots where I can see how exactly you are proceeding?

Regarding authorization you can doublecheck the roles and groups of your user as per the note:

#840523 - NWDI server configuration: user, group and security role

Best Regards,

Ervin