cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deconsolidation without POSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I think Deconsolidation can be executed without using POSC.

Many products are packed in a single HU which comes along with ASN (ID).  Since Activity area and consolidations are different in EWM for each product,  I am expecting EWM to create Deconsolidation Warehouse Tasks when I post GR. But no WT are created for Deconsolidation

Then, if I manually create WT for Inbound Delivery, the WT are created with actual destination storage bins.

But if I move HU manually from GR_ZONE to Deconsolidation Workcentre and do the repacking, the Process Step IB02 is not copied in HU. Hence decosnolidation fails.

Please suggest me if we can actually do deconsolidation without configuring POSC? If so, why process step was not copied to HU eventhough I have assigned the external step IB02 to the Workcentre.

regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

I think it should be possible to perform deconsolidation without using POSC. Please check the documentation in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/a5/38da4023a28631e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

The following is described:

If EWM is to define a deconsolidation, one of the following cases must be present:

○       The activity areas for the products within an HU are different.

○       The activity areas for the products within an HU are the same, but the consolidation groups are different.

○       The activity areas and consolidation groups for the products within an HU are the same, but the maximum number of warehouse tasks for the HU has been exceeded.

• In Customizing, you have defined activity areas. For more information, see Customizing for EWMMaster Data Define Activity Area.
  • In Customizing, you have defined deconsolidation rules. For more information, see Customizing for EWM under Goods Receipt Process ® Deconsolidation.
  • If you want to use deconsolidation in process-oriented storage control, you must have defined the deconsolidation attributes for each activity area. For more information, see Customizing for EWM under Goods Receipt Process  Deconsolidation  ® Define Attributes for Deconsolidation.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

From what I have understood from the above links,  EWM should create minimum 3 WTs if I have 2 products packed in a HU.

1 Active HU WT to move HU from GR zone to Deconsolidation Station.

2 Inactive Product WT for putaway of products to final Destination Bins.

(When I close the HUs, product WT will be active) 

But I could not see any of these WTs.

Activity area and Consolidation Groups determined for these 2 products are different in my case. So, the criteria for Deconsolidation is fulfilled.

If I create manual WT for Inbound Delivery, then no HU WT is created at all.

Regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

I don't have an EWM-system available at the moment, so I'm not really able to do proper analysis.

However, you might want to check the Maximum number of WT's in the received HU.

This setting can be found in SPRO > EWM > Goods receipt process > Deconsolidation > Define Attributes for deconsolidation. Apparantly, this setting also determines if a deconsolidation WT must be created.

Though, why would you not want to use POSC for this process? POSC is meant for the implementation of these kind of processes so I would definitely consider using it.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Thanks.

In fact, the process works fine with POSC.

Regards,

Shetty

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am stucked in deconsolidation area

but in monitor IB01-unloading - c- completed

IB03-Putaway - B -waiting

IB02 is not taking.

what will be the problems?

please help me