cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on a generating a blank file(Zero Bytes) with SFTP adapter and UDF for file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working a Proxy to File(SFTP Adapter) scenario for generating Data file and a blank file(zero bytes) file. For Data file i used UDF function to generate file name and it was working fine.  When i generating the Blank file, which is having  Data Type (only structure with out fields under it) -- DT_PARENT HEADER     Element  string     0..1 based on this created Message type    -- MT_PARENT Created Service Interface for Outbound Message Mapping created  with UDF getfilename HEADER    -----> getfilename  ---> HEADER then Operation mapping.   comming to Directory objects. For the Reciever communication channel SFTP adapter was taken and XML to Plain conversion selected. Am trying to maintain at Content conversion level...to remove the XML tags that will generate....but unable to maintain....Please help what are the parameters that i need to take care at Content conversion level..  getting the below error..  Failed to process message content. Reason: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: (4408) Parameter 'xml.MT_PARENT.fieldFixedLengths' or 'xml.MT_PARENT.fieldSeparator' is missing (4409) (Software version: 3.0.24)  Thanks in advance...........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working a Proxy to File(SFTP Adapter) scenario for generating Data file and a blank file(zero bytes) file.

For Data file i used UDF function to generate file name and it was working fine.

When i generating the Blank file, which is having

Data Type (only structure with out fields under it) -- DT_PARENT

HEADER     Element  string     0..1

based on this created Message type    -- MT_PARENT

Created Service Interface for Outbound

Message Mapping created  with UDF getfilename

HEADER    -

> getfilename  ---> HEADER

then Operation mapping.

comming to Directory objects.

For the Reciever communication channel SFTP adapter was taken and XML to Plain conversion selected.

Am trying to maintain at Content conversion level...to remove the XML tags that will generate....but unable to maintain....Please help what are the parameters that i need to take care at Content conversion level..

getting the below error..

Failed to process message content. Reason: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: (4408) Parameter 'xml.MT_PARENT.fieldFixedLengths' or 'xml.MT_PARENT.fieldSeparator' is missing (4409) (Software version: 3.0.24)

Thanks in advance...........

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabu,

you are trying to generate a blank file using FCC which is not possible. you can check SAP note 821267. Please check question number 31 in this link

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=821267    

Thus the solution to your problem as available in the link is

"This could be done only by creating a Java mapping and implement the logic to convert from root element to an empty text. This can not be done using Message Mapping too. Alternatively use a module based approach, e.g., using the StrictXml2PlainBean, where such a valid XML payload is converted to an empty payload before the file receiver channel is invoked."

Although the note is applicable for file adapter, but I beleive the same logic is applicable for SFTP adapters too.

Let the forum  know if you have further queries on this.

Regards

Anupam