cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger OFTP Adapter for SAP XI

0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently we are using FTP adapters in XI and want to replace with secured file transfer protocols in XI.

So we got a trial version of Seeburger OFTP dapter.

They provided configuration guide and I am searching for the Design(Integration Repository) guide in SDN/ Google but no luck.

Please provide the design(IR) guide for Seeburger OFTP/TCP adapter for SAP XI.

Thanks.

Regards

Jayasree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jayashree,

I am responding to your statement on your decision to replace existing FTP adapters to secure. I am pleased to inform you that SAP has introduced two new products in this area.

Kindly refer to the following blogs for the details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2012/02/03/the-new-b2b-add-on-for-sap-netweaver-pr...

http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2012/03/30/new-add-ons-b2b-and-sftp-pgp-for-sap-ne...

Best Regards,

Bhagyesh

0 Kudos

Thanks Bhagyesh,

But I am not looking for the generic information.

I am looking for a scenario implemented with OFTP adapters.

http://scn.sap.com/community/icc/integration-scenario-pi/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-f...

Regards

Jayasree

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jayasree,

Please have a look at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28945 for a deepdive on the OFTP adapter.

Meanwhile you can contact your SAP Account Manager for downloading a trial version of the product. Including the detailed SAP product configuration guides.

Best Regards,

Bhagyesh

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhagyesh,

This link seems to be useful for me. We already have a trial version and hence we need to test it with a sample scenario. If you find any scenarios from scratch, please do send me.

Regards

Jayasree

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jayasree,

The howto guide for OFTP is quite complete and can be used for creating a back to back configuration from scratch. Do ask any specific questions you may have.

Please use this SDN area for your questions http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration

Best Regards,

Bhagyesh

0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyesh,

Thanks for your prompt response. I just want to try out a simple scenario which uses OFTP / TCPIP Protocol instead FTP. If you have any specific document please provide.

Regards

Jayasree

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasree,

There are two OFTP adapters.  One from Seeburger and the other from SAP which is part of the SAP PO B2B Addon product.

I have provided you the information for the latter.

Have you already procured the trial version of the SAP OFTP Adapter ?

Chapter 10 of this document below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20dc073e-ed91-2f10-7fb3-f9a6f5bcc...

clearly explains how to do OFTP with TCP/IP with the SAP OFTP adapter.

0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyesh,

Thanks for the link. It seems to be useful to my requirement.

Yes we do have a trial version of SAP OFTP adapter but in the configuration guide they provided sender and receiver SSID code not the Odette code. Is there any difference between these codes? can we provide our own sender and receiver SSIDs.

I have to try out the configuration with the given link.

If you have any idea on these SSID codes please let me know.

Please find the attached screenshot which i tried.

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasree,

For testing purposes you can use any SSID Code. It need not to be from Odette. Only restriction is it should not be beyond 25 characters(as per protocol).

But in production you have to use the Odette ID issued for your organization. Otherwise your partner will no recognize you.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

Thanks siva. I will try with configuration. Do I need to create 4 communciation channels as specified in your article? How do we test it?

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasree,

Yes. Since you are testing back to back, you can use any one of following approaches. Lets say BMW wants to send a message to AUDI,

BMW_File_Sender -> BMW_OFTP_Receiver ===>> AUDI_OFTP_Sender -> AUDI_File_Receiver

BMW_<ANY>_Sender -> BMW_OFTP_Receiver ===>> AUDI_OFTP_Sender -> AUDI_<ANY>_Receiver

BMW_<ANY>_Sender -> BMW_OFTP_Receiver ===>> 3rd Party Test Tools Like Mendelson

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

Thanks siva,

It seems that I got all the information to configure oftp adapters.

Will close the thread once I am done with the configuration successfully.

Regards

Jayasree

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I created 4 channels.

File Sender ---> OFTP Rceiver ----> OFTP Sender ------> File Receiver.

Based on the above channels, how do I configure sender and receiver agreement, receiver and interface determination.

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need 2 different set of configurations.

File Sender -> OFTP Receiver (First set - SA, RD, ID & RA)

OFTP Sender -> File Receiver (Second set - SA, RD, ID & RA)

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

Thanks siva, but i am unable to create another sender agreement for OFTP after creating one for FIle Sender. Does it requires any specific design in IR?

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the dummy interfaces for both the sets.

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

unable to create second ID and RD.

Could you please provide your email id so that i can send you the screenshots which i have done so far.

Thank you.

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are not using real interfaces, you can post it here itself. The community will help you.

0 Kudos

Thanks siva, if i dont create second ID and RD, will it work?

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jayasree,

I would request you to kindly consult an experienced PI Consultant in your company for assistance. The scenario configurations mentioned by Siva are quite basic and a PI expert will be able to help you.

Furthermore if you have a configuration proposal they our team can review it. we will only be able to answer any specific questions on OFTP adapter.

Best Regards,

Bhagyesh

0 Kudos

Unfortunately we don't have any PI experts here and that's the reason why i was posting here at SDN.

Thanks for your help Bhagyesh, Appreciate it.

Regards

Jayasree

bhagyesh_hede
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jayasree,

I am reviewing your post on

Aug 24, 2012 10:43 AM  .

I see the screenshot of Seeburger OFTP Adapter.  It appears you are not using the SAP OFTP Adapter.

Please get in touch with your SAP Account manager for the SAP OFTP Adapter. Its different from the Seeburger OFTP adapter which is also sold by SAP.

Regards,

Bhagyesh

former_member609026
Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayasree,

IR objects will be your requirement, since Adapter comes into picture only in Configuration.You will get configuration guide.

You can create IR obejcts as per your requirement and only in communication channel you need to do the OFTP adapter configuration.

Depending upon which Adapter( Seeburger OFTP, ADVANTCO SFTP ) you want you need to configure the scenario.I dont think you will get guide for design for particular adapter.

Please go through below blog and create you design obejcts(for you reference) and use your configuration guide for configuring OFTP Adapter in Communication Channel.

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/xipi-file-content-conversion-for-complex-structures/79/

Regards,

$HRI

0 Kudos

Thanks Shri for your quick reply.

Can I use normal file to file scenario?

Regards

Jayasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashree,

Please make a note that, this adapter is used for EDI communication most of the times.

Please go through the concept of EDI.Hope that will be helpfull for you.

And also there are few points about this adapter

The OFTP Adapter is based on the SAP XI Adapter Framework 3.0 and on the SUN JCA 1.0 specification.

1.The SEEBURGER OFTP Adapter is responsible for transmitting files according to the Odette File Transfer Protocol.

2.This protocol is commonly used in Business-to-Business scenarios; especially in the automotive industry.

3.The ODETTE File Transfer Protocol (OFTP) was defined by the European automotive industry in 1986 to extend the traditional file-transfer capabilities of FTP to support Just In Time operations.

4.OFTP supports end-to-end acknowledgments, binding of EDIFACT messages and runs on top of ISDN connections Odette Stands for Organization for Data Exchange by Tele Transmission in Europe.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f0c0d023-a296-2b10-1ea0-bb15d4498035

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/bpxproj/EDI+with+PI

Regards,

$HRI

0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

We are not using this adapter for EDI. Its purely replacement of FTP with OFTP.

I got all the above information from SDN but my main concern is that if anyone worked on OFTP adapters then they can help me with the configuration and testing. I didnt find any article of that kind as of now. If you have done earlier could you please provide me with screenshots.

Thanks.

Regards

Jayasree