Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection points in qm

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I am now working in process industry and i am new in quality management.I have to maintain the quality data for finished product in every four hours. So in think for inspection points and create MIC for each characteristics.

In my scenario it is not possible to create inspection lot for finished product as it is continuously process so i think for inspection point.

Is it right to go for inspection point or i have to do some thing different.

Please tell me and also the configuration. I go through the SAP documentation but not able to understand it clearly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Standard Inspection Point 150 ( Generated insp. point, quantity or time).

Create Master Recipe with Insp. Point 150 in Header Quality Data.

In Operation :Quality Data screen choose Time-related & enter Time Factor as 4 HR.

When Process Order release then system creates Partial lots in interval of  4 Hrs.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I also want to tell you that we do the shift wise confirmation but quality check is done in every 4 hours means for each MIC i get quality in every 4 hours and our shift is of 8 hours.

As you have written 'partial lots is created after every 4 hours the release of process order'  means the time user have released the process order system starts counting the time and a lot is created in every 4 hours.

Can i put any time from which lot is started creating and then after creation of first lot the second lot is start creating automatically in every four hours.

So what i have to do. Please tell me.

Another thing i want to know is that i have to assign 03 inspection type in material master.

In SAP document many things are given to fill, are those things are necessary.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes for this you have to assign Inspection type 03 in material master.

System creates the partial lot with time interval & you can change the time.

Please Do the scenario in Devl.,you will get the complete picture.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh

Do the following settings

1) Assign inspection type 03 for that order type in config.

2) Assign inspection type 03 in QM view of that mateial.

3) Assign inspection point 100 or 150 in QM Tab of Recipe Header

4) Define Sampling Procedure with inpection point whose frequency is 4 for normal operation

5) Assign MICs with Sampling procedure  to the operation at which you want to record results.

Output-:As Process Order is released , inspection lot is created of 03 type.

Do the result recording.

Note-: Inspection point are not created automatically.

Manish

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

Another error is coming during saving he recording.

No selected set exists for the inspection point 150 or plant 1000

Message no. QT006

Diagnosis

An inspection point (wire basket, equipment, physical sample, etc.) is valuated after all characteristics have been closed. You can store a proposal in Customizing for this purpose in two places:

• At the inspection point level
  • At the plant level

If a proposal for an acceptance or rejection is stored at the inspection point level, the system uses this proposal. Otherwise, the system uses the selected set in the table for QM plant settings.

In this particular case, a proposal is neither available for the inspection point (150) nor the plant (1000).

Procedure

Maintain the selected set for the inspection point or plant settings.

After this i have assign the selected set in the results recording tab of "maintain settings at plant level in QM management". After this a pop box coming which is asking for yield amount and without this data is not saving.

Please tell what i have to do.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

-----You have written "1) Assign inspection type 03 for that order type in config." but i am not able to find it in order type of process industry.

I got "quality inspection : inspection type" in order type dependent parameters where only ' in-process insp. for manufacturing order' is given.

-----And i also want to tell you that i have use 100% sampling procedure in QM view of material master . If i have to make sampling procedure than what is the process for it.

------As i have done the configuration in development and release the process order one error is coming.

No selected set exists for the inspection point 150 or plant 1000

Message no. QT006

Diagnosis

An inspection point (wire basket, equipment, physical sample, etc.) is valuated after all characteristics have been closed. You can store a proposal in Customizing for this purpose in two places:

• At the inspection point level
  • At the plant level

If a proposal for an acceptance or rejection is stored at the inspection point level, the system uses this proposal. Otherwise, the system uses the selected set in the table for QM plant settings.

In this particular case, a proposal is neither available for the inspection point (150) nor the plant (1000).

Procedure

Maintain the selected set for the inspection point or plant settings.

------After this i have assign the selected set in the results recording tab of "maintain settings at plant level in QM management". After this a pop box coming which is asking for yield amount and without this data is not saving.

Please tell what i have to do as soon as possible.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh

1)For Config setting use t-code COR4  ans select that particular process order type and in planning tab assign 03 inspection type.

2) Either you use inspection point 100 instead of 150  or you have to make a selected set from t-code QS51 and assign that to valuation tab in inspection point in path

Spro->QUALITY MANAGEMENT->QUALITY PLANNING->INSPECTION PLANNING->DEFINE IDENTIFIER FOR INSPECTION POINT

or

at plant setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Assigned Selected sets in QM -SPRo at plant level setting in result recording view, and assign the same against 03 inspection type.

Regards

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After this a pop box coming which is asking for yield amount and without this data is not saving.

=> If you don't want the yield qty. then you have to set -

In recipe, Change Master Recipe: Header Qty. Data

=> set Partial lots not supported

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir for guiding me...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes, 03 inspection type is for Process industry only where pp and QM are in line with each other or say In-process inspection during production, activate 03 ,assign appropriate  inspection points in master recipe or in routing ( hourly, shiftwise date wise etc), assign MIC's with proper sampling procedure in master recipe or in routing and execute your process.

Regards

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I also want to tell you that we do the shift wise confirmation but quality check is done in every 4 hours means for each MIC i get quality in every 4 hours and our shift is of 8 hours.

As you have written 'partial lots is created after every 4 hours the release of process order'  means the time user have released the process order system starts counting the time and a lot is created in every 4 hours.

Can i put any time from which lot is started creating and then after creation of first lot the second lot is start creating automatically in every four hours.

Another thing i want to know is that i have to assign 03 inspection type in material master.

In SAP document many things are given to fill, are those things are necessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

IF your industry is process insdustry and you wand to record results ( quality data as you said) for every hour ,you can maintain inspection poits.

1. create inspection poits. QCC0-- quality planing --  inspection planing-- general-- define identifier for inspection points.

2. activate inspection type '03' for the material.

3. create inspection plan and assign same inspection point in task list header.

4. once production order is released for the material, inspection lot will be generated and you can record results for that inspection lot for every hour.

Regards,

Aditya

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Yes, you can use Inspection Points to record inspection results at frequent times...

For inspection point scenario, search SCN/SAP Help, you will lots of info.

Refer below links:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/QM-PROD

http://scn.sap.com/thread/802931

SAP Help for Maintaining & recording inspection points:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/2d/351ea5448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/18/4386c0449011d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Anup