cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-M Rule-Based Workflow Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts!

I am using  Rule-Based Workflow with WS60800086 template in MDG-M scenario. Processors for logical steps are assigned with BRF+ desicion tables.

WS60800086 has one dialog processing task and it is general task.

Is it necessary to assign agents to this task in workflow builder?

I thought that it isnt necessary, and only the corresponding BRF+ agent would recive the task in SBWP.

In fact, all SAP users recieve this task in SBWP.

Can you please help me with correct agent assignment?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need help.

Still have ALL SAP USERS recieve workflow task in sbwp.

WF ignore BRF+ decision tables...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you should open a customer message on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex Xela,

you need not add any agents to the task in the Workflow Builder. you can use the BRF Decision tables that are provided. All you have to do is to Go to transaction code USMD_SSW_RULE and provide the change request type you are going to use. the open the User Agent Decision table and there you will find the User Value given there. you could give a Organzational Name or a user ID or you can even have the creator of the workflow as the user.

---regards,

Alex B Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Alex.

I am doing exactly what you described.

The problem is that after sumiting change request all sap users recieve workflow task in sbwp, but not the user assigned in BRF+.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex Xela,

can you kindly check the Workflow Number assigned to your change request type. kindly send me the User Agent Decision table details as well.

---regards,

Alex B Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

CR Type is MAT01, workflow number in customizing WS60800086.

Decision table DT_USER_AGT_GRP_MAT01:

USUSER1
3USUSER2

When USER1 creates CR, all sap users recieve task, but not only user2

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex Xela,

when USER1 creates a CR, as per your decision table, it goes to USER1 and not to USER2. 1;5;7 stands for the user on the second step(i.e. the step after submission ). moreover also check whether you are using NWBC client or NWBC transaction code from SAP GUI. if you are using NWBC transaction code, then you have to log off all the screens and then logon to user2 and start NWBC again.

---regards,

Alex B Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply, Alex!

So what means condition alias 1:

00 (Processing) with empty Previous Action -> 90 (Final Check)

?

Is it the very first submition of CR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

There are three main decision tables used in BRF+.

1) Single Value

2) User Agent

3) Non User Agent

When the workflow gets triggered, it will always go into Single Value Decision table. Based on the condition alias in Single Value DT, it will either go to User Agent DT or Non User Agent DT.

When user creates the change request, the first line of Single Value DT will always get evaluated because the previous step is 00. Then if you see in the first line, the condition alias is 1, hence it will find condition alias 1 in User Agent DT.

You can see that Single Value is like a main table and Condition alias is the linkage between Single Value and User/Non User Agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy, thanks for reply.

Chck below process please:

1) USER creates CR MAT01

2) Cond.alias #1 triggering, now the processor is USER1.

But on this step all users recieve the task at SBWP, not only the USER1

That is my problem.

Whats wrong?

And my special question: what is User agt.Grp No. field for? (Default is 001)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you mentioned all users, do you mean all users in your SAP system???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all users in SAP system recieve the task in their inboxes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to make sure that you have done the following step as per the configuration guide?

Configure Workflow Tasks

As a prerequisite you have made the necessary general settings for workflows and defined the organizational plan in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver under  Application Server  Business Management  SAP Business Workflow  . Then you need to ensure that the active type linkages for Material (BUS2250) are set correctly. Follow the instructions in Customizing for MDG under  General Settings  Process Modeling  Workflow  Activate Type Linkage  . For entry BUS2250 with no workflow template select the flag Linkage Activated and deselect the flag Enable Event Queue. Do not set these flags for other BUS2250 entries that have workflow templates assigned.

The standard workflow template used by Master Data Governance for material is WS60800086.

In order to ensure the general assignment of processors using the rule-based workflow, run the following activity in Customizing for Master Data Governance under  General Settings  Process Modeling  Workflow  Configure Workflow Tasks  .

1. Go to application component CA-MDG-AF and choose Assign Agents.
  2. All tasks (denoted by TS*) that are not set as Background Task need to be set to General Task. To do so, select the task, choose Attributes and change to General Task. In particular, ensure you do this for the Dialog Processing (TS 60807954) task.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Tommy, ive done all this customizing. Type linkage is only set with empty template for BUS2250, and dialog processing task is general task also. In SWIA i can see that WS60800086 starts, the problem is that on dialog processing everytime the agents are all sap users but not the BRF+ determined users.

Something is wrong with agents determination in BRF+...

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the decision table  in mdg  and how many types of dt ? why we use this table? any one explain plz ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do some research about BRF+. Your question is about some basic ideas. This is a good place to start: http://scn.sap.com/community/brm?url_id=text-search-best-best-scn-community-brm