cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inter company and intra company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

i had a doubt i know stock transport (With plant to plant) this process called sto

2. I dont know inter company and intra company can any one explain

what is the main difference

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rmazzali
Active Contributor

intercompany scenario 1:

company A orders somenthing to company B. B ships to A and based on this delivery 2 invoices are posted: one in B (sd) and one in A (mm).

intercompany scenario 2:

company A sells somenting to a customer with delivery plant B of company B. B ships to final customer and based on this delivery 2 invoices are posted: one in B (sd) and one in A (mm). A bills the customer.

Intracompany: transfer order from plant to plant.

pls. reward points if helpfull

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. The main differences are business processes behind the scenario.

Intracompany sales refer to mainly plant to plant transfers within one legal entity (normally a company code in SAP). There is a stock transport order which raises the demand and a delivery is created based upon the demand. This moves the material from plant to plant. Since you are within your own company no debtor or creditor postings are created.

Intercompany sales refer to plants between two company codes in SAP. This can start from demand coming from a sales order or a normal purchase order. The goods are delivered- although using a different billing type from the first scenario- are also invoiced.

Since you are between two companies there will be debtor and creditor postings involved.

In both cases your inventory can be listed as intransit if you have a two step procedure activated- and will appear on the same reports.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

An intercompany sales occurs when the selling organization belongs to a different company code than the delivering plant. In other words.......sale occuring between two company codes under one client is Intercompany sale.

And any sale activity happening within one company code is Intracompany sale.

Thanks & Regards

Sai