cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbine to be produced in a Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS Gurus,

Please help me understanding the scenario of Turbine manufacturing..

http://help.sap.com/SAPHelp_46c/helpdata/EN/ae/87a1377f6cd603e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

This is standard process.

All is fine, except that I dont understand that they didnt create a production order for a turbine through they could have consumed all the bought out items and finally producing turbine assembly in project stock.

If this is not done, then delivery also wont take place.

Please clarify my doubt.

I will definitly reward the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Scenario : when I create a sales order which is account assigned to project (Accout assignment Q, consumption posting P) and in Project the Finished goods is linked to a network activity. If I run MRP for this finished good, a planned order should get created which I should be able to convert to Production order to produce the finished good.

Well, to accomplish this I configured a new requirement type which is pointing to correct requirement class to plan my requirements in MRP.

I confirmed the production order and as a result, one item is sitting in project stock against the wbs element.

Now the problem remaining is how to deliver it?

On running CNS0, clicking components button, the material is appearing in the list of items and when I put quantity one, the system gives error *

Only             0,00 PC of material T-20000  available*

I can not create any delivery.

Please suggest how can I go ahead.

regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please carry out availabilty check for the said network where this material is linked. The qty will be available for despatch only after you carry out availabilty check.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

DO your material availablility check in sale order. if you can get the confirmed qty, then you can generate your OBD. If there is error in availability check, please check your schedule lines in sale order, might be this could solve your problem. Thanks

Rgds,

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we go to transaction CNS0 and give planned Delivery date, system checks for the material availability for that date. Since no material is available on the particular date, system displays error message as

Only 0.00 quantity of material is available.

However, if you check the availability of the material, you can see that material will be available on specific date menioned.  You can directly go to the material availability screen from CJ20N transaction. select the component and go to menu path EDIT>>> Availability>>> Material

If you give Planned goods movement date as specific date , you will see the material quantities displayed in Available open quantities column and you can create delivery document.

Regards

Tushar

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Please check whether you have tick mark in material as backflush.

in CNS0 this will be picked if you dont have backflush in material setting.

thanks

Sunil

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to award points now? I dont see the link...

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you ! Problem solved. But dont know how. In sales order, I had one item *Elevator* in MTS scenario. I changed to MTO by changing requirement type. This might have caused the problem. Later I created a new order with MTO requirement type only and it worked for delivery. But thanks to you guys, as I could see different angles through which problem could have occured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar, Murthy, Mahendra

I checked in MMBE, there is one quatity of unrestricted stock as Project stock for the same project. I am using grouping WBS element.

When I do ATP check in network and CJ20N, open quantity still remains 1.So CNS0 will keep coming.

Also, reservation is created for the component in network activity. If I issue the component  to reservation in MIGO, it will get consumed and then I surely cannt deliver it as it disappears in CNS0. So is this anyway not required to do?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Your sales order also contain same material (FG) ? If this is the case then you can try VL01N also. It will use movement type as 601 Q.

Hope FG can be seen for acct assignment WBS in MBBS.

Regards

Raghav

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, Similer to the above mentioned link if there is any standered process for Investment projects pls send. our senario is that we have our own projects like building a refinery or power plant, where in we give EPC contarct to vendors. Pls send if you have any idia. Regards, Mandar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

if your scenario is complex like you need to create two time production order for SFG and for producing FG (Turbine)

then till the creation of invoicing process flow would be as following:

co10PS prod. Order

convert component RM to SFG

if you are using BOM then choose MRP business process

co02Prod. Rel.
CO11Prod. Confirm
CO10PS prod. Orderconvert component SFG to FG
co02Prod. Rel.
CO11Prod. Confirm
mb1bstock transff. From quality to unrestict coulmn
mmbeStock check
cj20nadd. Fg with material component
cns0create delevery from project
vl02nchange outbound delevery (PGI)
vf01create billing doc.
implemented zcodeSee Invoice preview

vf01

j1iin

Invoice create

Excise invoice via PS

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I have not gone thru your link but remember this classic example from IDES. I think they are delivering parts of turbine to customer and turbine will be assembled on site. As you said, instead of delivering parts, they could have assembled turbine inhouse and delivered to customer as one piece. Both scenarios are valid. In IDES scenario probably due to logistics/transportation point of view they have sent parts seperately. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikant,

If we deliver the product in parts and assemble at client location so how to get cost of assembling of that product. Is this assembly process also confirmed via production order confirmation or we have to take this as separate action.

thanks

Sunil

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Since you have delivered the product to cleint, the assembly process cannot be monitored as a production order. Instead the cost for assembly of turbine at site can be monitored as service order or assigning external activity to your assembly WBS. Hope this clarifies.

Rgds,

AM

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murthy,

how can we take the cost of assembly to production order.

thanks

Sunil

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

There can be no production order for assembly as it is done at site. There will be an external activity assigned to WBS hence service PO will bring in the cost of assembly at site to your project.

Rgds,

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

per you link, when you click on that it will show up entire process of Engineering-to-Order (ETC) of Turbine. It explained all the process steps from the beginning to period end closing.

If you click on each folder on left hand side (arrow marks) all the process steps are being explained.

Please read carefully so that it will answer your questions.

Refrain to use such words "reward" in your future postings.

Regards,

Sudhakar