SAP NetWeaver 7.3 AS Java install error in Install Java Engine phase

Hi All,

I am doing my first installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.3 AS Java on Windows Server 2008 R2 with Oracle database, this is a domain installation.

I have been following the SAP Installation guide and everything has been going well but I am now stuck with an error in the Install Java Engine phase of the installation.

The error message I am receiving is:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.3 > SAP Systems > Application Server Java > Standard System > Standard System( Last error reported by the step: Process call 'C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\exe\jstart.exe pf=\\sourcing\sapmnt\E1D\SYS\profile\E1D_J00_sourcing -file=C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\exe\ -nodename=bootstrap -launch' exits with error code 1. For details see log file(s) jstart_bootstrap_J00.log.)

When I check the jstart_bootstrap_J00.log it is empty.

I have done some searching for a solution for this error and it seems it may be related to the database not running. I can confirm that I have run lsnrctl start and also, in sqlplus, run startup; both commands showed that the starting of the listener and database were successful.

Does anyone know what might be causing this error?

Many thanks

• SAP Employee

Hi Dan,

1. Could you please check  the profile \usr\sap\md4\SYS\profile\SID_J00_<HOSTNAME>.

2a Please check for the j2ee/dbdriver entry in the profile file above.
For MSSQL the entry looks like:
j2ee/dbdriver = $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)\mssjdbc\jdbc4\sqljdbc4.jar

2b. Check that the files in the entry really exist and have the correct
permissions for access from SIDadm user.

3. You should  use sapinst with domain user. Could you please check
the chapter in the installation guide about users and especially the
reqirements about the domain ones.

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer