cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring problem in async SOAP receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a File to SOAP asynchronous scenario.

I want to see in monitoring (sxi_monitor) if problem occured when calling the webservice, for example when the connection is refused, or a timeout.

In Runtime Workbrench, I can see the errors in Communication Channel Monitoring and in Message Monitoring from Component Adapter Engine.

I have configured an alert rule for receiving alerts when an error occured, but <u>I don't receive any alert</u>. And when I go to the transaction SXI_MONITOR in my system XI, the status of the message is <u>"Processed successfully" instead of "System Error"</u>.

Any idee of how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

No, since your scenario is asnych - so you cannnt change the msg status in SXI_CACHE

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

can you please tell what is the error you are getting in your SOAP comm channel.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is the following :

SOAP: call failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.

I want to see in SXI_MONITOR that the message is in error (with message status to "SYSTEM ERROR") and I also want to receive an alert...

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will not see this in sxi_monitor..coz in XI message pwoccesses succesfully and message is async, error is in adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no way to have message status to "System error" in SXI_MONITOR (without bpm) ?

And why not receive an alert?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

see in your scenario, no error has occurd in your XI side..........the connection to your web-sevice is not working..........so you are not receiving your message on target system.......so no alert you are receiving.....just check in SMICM transaction, whether your sevices are running properly - go to Goto services and check the services..........check the connection parameters to your web-service server from your XI server.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to reconfigure alert carefully... Alert must be for errror in adapter not in IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

Your msg has been succesfully processed by XI Integration engine and sent to adapter for finally reaching target webservice. So, even if you use BPM, you will not have an error msg in SXI_MONITOR. SXI_MONITOR shows error occured with in Integration engine only and adapter failures are not visible here.

Can you check your alert category for mapping errors and check if an alert is triggered...

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

I don't want to solve the problem of connection, I just want to can monitoring this kind of problems.

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mikhail,

In alert rule configuration, I have changed from "No restriction" to "Adapter Engine" with adapter type "SOAP". I get a popup with message "'adaptername' is undefined". But now it's all right : I receive well an alert. Strange, but it works! Thanks a lot..

Can you also help me about how to get all the information of the error and set it into the alert mail?

Laurence

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To send your Alerts as a mail.

1, Make sure you assign the Email Id to the recipeient of the Alert in Trsasaction su01

2. Log on the the Alert Inbox of the recipeint of the Alert . Personaliztion --> TimeIdependent Delivery --> Email.

if SCOT is configured, now alert will be forwarder as Email.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

in your alert, just take the container variable ERROR_MSG then in your alert, you will have your error message in the alert.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry... I was not clear : I want the error details to set in the alert (message id, sender, receiver, error id, error message, link to the message monitoring, ...)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this link you will find the list of the container elements.

Declare these container elements in your Alert Category, and use them between & CONATINERELEMENT& in your alert text and these will be filled up in the run time.

the link to your message will be added by default in the Post Processing Steps. You need not do anything special for this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you go to SXI_MONITOR you see that message processed successfuly in XI but not in reciever adpater. For what messages have you created alert? for messages in XI or in adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the alert rule definition of the Runtime Workbrench, I have set the response "No restriction" to the question "Where did the error occur" so I suppose the rule is for messages in XI and in adapter