SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting dunning procedure to Collection startegies

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any FM:  which  will convert     dunning  procedure to Collection startegies.

Thanks,

Mukkera

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukkera

Are you talking about managing the transition between the 2 methodologies?

We've just made the switch and had to customize one or two of the standard events, and build a look-up table, so that the first step under Collection Strategy, tied back to the last activity under Dunning Procedure.

Regards

Astrid

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukkera

Are you talking about managing the transition between the 2 methodologies?

We've just made the switch and had to customize one or two of the standard events, and build a look-up table, so that the first step under Collection Strategy, tied back to the last activity under Dunning Procedure.

Regards

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

Can you explain how is the logic about the look-up table and which events has used?

I need to create the transition between the 2 methodologies.

Best Regards,

Renato

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukkera,

There is a standard program, RFKK_UPDATE_MASTERDATA, which you can use for converting Dunning Procedure to Collection Strategy.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

This is to update the contract account master data en masse. which is fine if that is what you would like to do.

However, if you are looking to replicate the business rules behind your dunning procedure using collection strategy then you would have to (i'm assuming you are using BRF+) do so using the configuration of collection steps and BRF+.

please advise if you find this helpful or correct.

regards,

K

0 Kudos

The program that Amlan mentions doesn't change the Dunning Procedure on the Contract Account (table FKKVKP), it just populates the collection strategy on the same table.

We only have 1 collection strategy and we found that running RFKK_UPDATE_MASTERDATA is not critical, as if the value has not been set by that program, it gets populated via FPVA the first time that a contract account is run through dunning.

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we are migrating to BRF from ther Classical IS-U Dunning, then Dunning Procedure becomes irrelevant and collections Strategy comes into the picture,.

So going forward, any dunning proposal run will pick the Collection Strategy field to determine the next collection step by triggerring event 315.

So irrespective of the fact dunning procedure field is changed or deleted after BRF has been implemented, I guess it will not have any impact on collections Treatment path as collection strategy drives the BRF workbench and not dunning procedure.

Happy to discuss it further,

Cheers,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukkera,

if you are using Collection Strategy you will need to replicate your business rules using BRF+. You can use a combination of the different types of expressions available to do so to determine the collection step. Note - there are not any dunning levels when using collection strategy.

You will continue to use FPVA and FPVB for dunning by collection strategy.

I hope you found this response helpful.

regards,

K

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your question relates to mapping your Dunning Procedure steps into the Collection Strategy/ies, you can read the Dunning procedure configuration tables (i,e, TFK047* tables) and build expressions to be used to trigger Collection Steps.

However, this would simply replicate the linear level, level 2 nature of the olding Dunning procedure. You would not be taking advantage of flexible dunning, i.e. triggering collection steps based on various events stored in several IS-U tables (with not much ABAP/function modules).

Old dunning is based primarily on Dunning history, Open item table, and triggering of function modules. You dont have the luxury of inspecting custom tables or other IS-U tables (without ABAP/function modules).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

Take into consideration that from EhP6 you might not need to migrate from Dunning Procedure to Collection Strategies. 

This new approach is a little less flexible than Collection Strategies but is good enough to use it with companies that have been working with classic dunning for years.  This approach will avoid the migration activities required when migrating from Dunning Procedures to Collection strategies, while it offers the advantages of using BRF+ to dynamically determine next steps (levels) in Dunning Procedure.

To access this new approach you should go to FQEVENTS and try the Event 304. 

Regards,

JC

0 Kudos

The migration effort is really insignificant in the grand scheme.  Doing as you suggest gives a little value but prevents enablement of some high-value functionality, eg capacity balancing, since collection strategy is necessary.  The major effort for a change in approach is in the rule definition and the testing - i would not likely follow this path solely because of a migration concern. And you would still need to do significant customizing work in the dunning procedure.

Additionally, this approach should be possible as of ehp2 since event 304 has been around and collection strategy appeared in ehp2.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Understood Bill, thank you!