Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Fixed Values in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Below are the details of domain fixed values:

Domain Fix Values are used for several fields. They are basically simple value lists with

language dependent texts. Actually values are stored in database tables (DD07L, DD07T).

During the initialization of the replication a python script is executed that creates two tables

for each used Domain. Please consider that currently only those domain values are taken

that are active (Field AS4LOCAL = 'A' in DD07T).

The naming convention for these tables is DOM_<Domain Name> for the Domain values

and DOM_<Domain Name>T for the language dependent texts (Example: DOM_FKREL

and DOM_FKRELT, DOM_BFART and DOM_BFARTT).

They are located in the same schema as the replicated tables.

You can build Attribute Views for those tables to be used in analytical or calculation views.

Please include both related tables and create a text join with language field DDLANGUAGE.

Include field DOMVALUE_L as key field in the output structure and add field DDTEXT

(Description mapping (for DOMVALUE_L to field DDTEXT of joined text table) does not

work with all clients).

Recommendation is to change Attribute Name and Description to the name of the Domain.

Domain fix values are created for ECC and for CRM separately.

This is currently done by a set of SQL statements that need to be executed via SQL

editor.

I did not find any python script or SQL script or mechanism to create tables for domain fixed values.

Could you please guide.

Regards,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_mayer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

see the attached PDF of SAP note 1739432 (v1) --> RDS_OA_HANA10_Quick_Guide_EN_XX.pdf

You can find the SQL statements needed to create the DOM_* tables with HANA 1.0 SPS04 in chapter 4.1 (SQL script for customization of HANA specific tables).

BR,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I called those SQLs to create the table. I was wondering it there exists any procedure which can automate table creation for all domains.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I understood, that is not a "standard" solution in terms of that this is how HANA will always work with domains. Rather, it was just one way the Operational Reporting RDS developers found to simplify the model of the domains they'd need on the HANA side.

If you want to apply that procedure for non-RDS scenarios, you'll need to create the SQL code for that on your own (though it shouldn't be much of a challenge, it's really simple).

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)