cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf Life Planning using CTM in SCM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I  am looking for information on Shelf Life Planning using CTM in SCM 7.0 with enhancements. I can see a check box in CTM profile to enable Shelf Life Planning. I also saw some threads which have contradictory opinion and say that  CTM does not support shelf life.

My queries are...A) Has it been tried by anyone successfully?  B) Does it consider shelf life data of batches in Stock?

Will appreciate if  someone shares his/her experience with this functionality.

Thanks!

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

CTM can consider shelf life constraints in a restricted way, for example, CTM does not consider shelf life propagation. You may be able to have shelf life details of the stock batch to APO, but the system does not do any propagation of shelf life values through the supply chain network. If a stock element can be pegged to a demand, it only depends on the shelf life settings for the locationproduct of that demand. 

We have some customers using CTM with shelf life. The contraint from note 1446894 should be considered.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nilesh,

it is only possible if the material is handled in batches in ECC with an expiry time. of course you need to maintain the shelf life data in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire/Jim

Thank you for your inputs.

I am wondering without shelf life propagation how this functionality can be used to plan with shelf life. In practice, Does SNP Propagation if run after normal CTM run ( with shelf life planning ticked) for whole supply chain will be of much help?..Please share if you or anyone else has any idea?

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claire,

We are using a custom solution in our CTM to manage the shelf life like age banding. Peg the stock with demand with age priority.

But we have an requiremnet to manage the shelf life in GATP, is another idea for it?

Answers (0)