cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed IDM 7.2. We are trying to import the IDM UI jobs and tasks to Management console. But getting an error which says "Import/Export failed with errors". and the log looks like below.

The log is not very helpful to identify the error. Could anyone help on how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're right, the log is not very helpful, if you want a better log, go to the  Import_Start.bat file (.sh) if you're on unix, and adjust command.  Comment out the currently active import command and uncomment this one...

REM --- Use this to write the result of an import process to a out file. NOTE!! A new import process can not be started, if the ImXport.log is still open in a text editor.

REM "D:\sapjvm_6\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms128m -Xmx512m -DDSE_HOME="D:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center" com.sap.idm.ic.syncutil.Import %DSEJ_HANDLE% OPERATION=%OPERATION% STARTID=%START_ID% JDBC_DRIVER=%JDBC_DRIVER% JDBC_URL=%JDBC_URL% "LOGFILE=%LOGFILE%" INIFILE=%INIFILE%> "D:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Import.out" 2>&1

REM goto cleanup

If it does end up being a memory problem, try adjusting the memory paraemter -Xmx512m.  Trying 1024 first, and then 2048.  You can also try adjusting the other memory parameter, but when i had this problem, just changing -Xmx fixed it.

Good luck!

Regards,

Chris Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. But we have installed it on Windows server 2008 R2. Can you suggest how to fix this on windows ?

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

If you look in Chris' reply you will see that he refers to both the .bat (Windows) and .sh (UNIX/LINUX) files.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt & Chris,

I have tried the suggestion given above. But it was of no use. Still getting the following error

Could not initialize the Identity Synchronization tool

Please help.

Thanks,

Krish.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I'd suggest reviewing the installation documentation.  I think you missed a step somewhere.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

We got the similar error as well installing IDM 7.2 MSSQL 2008 R2 Enterprise. The database server is centrally managed, using dynamic ports, JDBC 3 with AS JAVA 7,0

Where could be the error lies? We can try your suggestion changing -xmx, and see if it will work.

What value did you assign then? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

you mentioned uncomment this out in "Import_Start", as far as I understood it, this file "Import_Start" is being regenerated from the Import_Template. Shouldn't it be that this needs to be uncomment this on "Import_Template" instead in "Import_Start"

What could be the reason why it is doing this? Thanks

REM --- Use this to write the result of an import process to a out file. NOTE!! A new import process can not be started, if the ImXport.log is still open in a text editor.

REM "D:\sapjvm_6\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms128m -Xmx512m -DDSE_HOME="D:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center" com.sap.idm.ic.syncutil.Import %DSEJ_HANDLE% OPERATION=%OPERATION% STARTID=%START_ID% JDBC_DRIVER=%JDBC_DRIVER% JDBC_URL=%JDBC_URL% "LOGFILE=%LOGFILE%" INIFILE=%INIFILE%> "D:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Import.out" 2>&1

REM goto cleanup

Btw, I've checked the "Import_Start" file and this is what I've got below so to uncomment it will result to this, is this correct:

Use this to write the result of an import process to a out file. NOTE!! A new import process can not be started, if the ImXport.log is still open in a text editor.

REM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms128m -Xmx512m -DDSE_HOME="C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center" com.sap.idm.ic.syncutil.Import %DSEJ_HANDLE% OPERATION=%OPERATION% STARTID=%START_ID% JDBC_DRIVER=%JDBC_DRIVER% JDBC_URL=%JDBC_URL% "LOGFILE=%LOGFILE%" INIFILE=%INIFILE%> "C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Import.out" 2>&1

REM goto cleanup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, did you use sapjvm6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

have you got any idea why it is coming up this error message. We tried to change it as Chris suggested and below is the changes on our import_Template.bat

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tin,

Yes we are using sapjvm6

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna did you get a message first which says: couldn't create connection to the database?

What message did you get first before displaying the log file?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my comments in my other post. 

Quick recap,

Check Database user rights

Check Keys.ini

Check NW Admin set up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, did you resolve it your issue importing the tasks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt thanks will check those and see if they are  OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tin,

When we tried to import the jobs/tasks on cient machine ( MMC installed on a desktop other that server), we are getting the same error as you mentioned above " Couldn't create connection to the database"

But when we tried to import on the server machine, we were getting error " Import/export exited with errors, pls check the logs" . For this , we have rasied a OSS with SAP, but awaiting reply.

You try once importing the jobs/tasks on the server machine.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tin,

We still have the issue while importing.

Exporting works fine in my case.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tin,

The error logs generated doesnt help much to unerstand the actual cause of the issue. So, by commenting out and uncommenting the lines what Chris has suggested, When import is tried, the details log is created to a file ( import.out) , which gives some clue for the cause of the issue. You can refer to the SAP NOTE 1436169. which might help you.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

We found out some interesting result.

What we have discovered is the problem is related to the inability of the idm system to match the encrypted JDBC URL with that held in the SQL database. We have tried to modify the varvalue in the database directly associated with the JDBC URL And the RT Connection string but they seem to be fixed.

If we manually modify the import_start file (which is the manually putting the encrypted value of the JDBC URL from the SQL database to the import_start file) and run this from the command prompt changing the JDBC URL in the import_start.bat to either the RT user connection string or the admin user connection string it then works. - the import wizard will open

But if we try from the MMC and import it there, the error will pop-up.

Any suggestion why is this happening?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Tin,

We still hv the issue. Did you find any solution ? If Yes, pls do share

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

We found a workaround. Have you tried starting the Import_start.bat from the command prompt?

In our case, it works. But if we do it manually from the MMC it will still pop-up the same error message.

Not sure what is causing this

Tin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tin,

Using Import_start.bat , we were also able to import the jobs/tasks. From, MMC still the issue exists. Did you get it fixed ? If yes, please do share the details.

Also, have you implemented approval workflows ? We are facing issues with Approval workflows from long time. still I am stuck up there. Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishna

We did a workaround in order for the import to work. I think I mentioned this to the other post I have

In your "Import_Template.bat" look for the "SET JDBC_URL="$JDBCURL$""

Here we put the value of Java RT JDCB URL and also typed in the password. With this workaround import works.

Not sure if this secure though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Do you still have the same issue or did it work now?

What do you have on the server where you installed IDM? Do you have other programs running other than IDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

We still have the issue while importing from MMC.

Yes, we do have other systems installed on same server like SRM, SUP,ECC, etc., as ours is a POC environment.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to change the JDBC in the Import_Template.bat and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

did you resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tin,

We still have this issue, but we are importing with work around using import_start.bat file.

Did u manage to resolve it ?

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tin,

We resolved this issue. The problem in our case was, in Tools --> Options --> Java , the path to java.exe was give for Java 1.4 & jvm.dll was given of Java 1.6.

After changing the Path for both to Java 1.6, we are able to import from management console.

If you need help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna that is a great news that it is now working

I have problems with my recent installation. I removed a role from the UI but when I checked it in the management console that role is still present. I also removed the entries from the sql management studio manually, but not sure if there are other entries which are link to this why the role is not deleting. Have you got any idea? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

Some time back, i faced the same issue, but it was with a user. I deleted a user from UI, but it was not deleted from IDM database, and can still see that user in IDM UI, den i wrote a to Identity store pass and deleted it. You can try the same too.. for you i have customized my job for role. give the mskey value of the role and run this pass. It should work.

Cheers,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna thanks for the jpg. I tried it and when I clicked on "Run Now" no logs were registered. This is the one I did am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tin,

Please refresh the job and see whether the pass is enabled.

Check the dispatchers are selected for  the job , and the selected dispatchers are running.

also, check whether the selected dispatchers are configured to run jobs.

Let me know if it works !!

All the best,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tin,

Small correction, you have to give role name for mskeyvalue, which should be same exactly in the role properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

I got that, but when I clicked on the properties. It is blank. Can I use the Role ID instead? The rest of the tabs are blank actually...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

You can give(edit) a name to that role now and save it. Then give that role name in the "To identity store pass" and run the job

If you try with the role ID, that will give an error as below.

ToIDStore.deleteEntryCustom got WARNING:Entry does not exist for entry: XYZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna, the thing is when I enter a name on that field, it didn't save. The "OK" button was just grayed out.

Was thinking to patch the SP5 because. Do I have to uninstall the IDM 7.2 and drop the database? I have the document but it doesn't say the clear instruction. It just say Upgrade to the latest patch. Are you using the latest version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tin,

I am using SP4.

If you want to path SP5, you can run the scripts on top of sp4, from update schema.sql. Since it seems your database is corrupted, I would suggest you to drop the database, and run all the SP5 scripts. This even fixes the current issue.

But make sure, if you have an custom jobs created, export them, so that you can import to the newly created identity store.

Cheers,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna, thanks can I run the SP5 scripts directly without going through SP4? I have IDM 7.2.0.00. Do I need to uninstall the Identity Center and reinstall the one from SP5? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin, Yes you can upgrade direclty to SP5

Following components are to be upgraded.

Runtime - Run the installer
MMC - Run the installer ( u dont need to un installed the existing MMC, you can direclty run the installer )
Database - Run the DB scripts
SCA file  - Deploy the SCA file using JSPM

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna, thanks I did install a new database script and install the Management Console and Runtime engine. I also backed-up the keys.

I am now on the deployment of .sca files. We have the I guess old .sca files from the no patch IDM 7.2 and will deploy the .sca files for SP5. But when I open the JSPM it says "No applicabe components software found for deployment"

Do you think I can use the old version of .sca files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tin,

It is recommended that all the components should be on same patch level, else you might face some issues.

For deploying the .SCA files please make use of the discussion at

http://scn.sap.com/message/13601022

Any further inputs required, please do let me know.

Regards,

Krishna.