Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email sending from SAP through using External Mail Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 1 scenario

We have hosted our company mail server to other mail hosting company.

address is mail.xyz(company name).com

Now we want to configure sending mail from SAP using this hosted mail server.

Can any one please tell me the all step by step config?

Regards,
Saket

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to send transactional emails from SAP through external mail server like mailjet, madrill (mailchimp) and so on, for free or almost free.

The common scenario for sending emails from SAP is configuring an SMTP relay in windows server.

Things we want to obtain.

• ·         Avoid to be blacklisted.
  • ·         Avoid being SPAM.
  • ·         Trace the emails.
  • ·         Having statistics.
  • ·         Correct errors in the addresses of your customers.
  • ·         Know your SPAM ratio.

For example: In my company we have SAPPRO and SAPDES running under WS2008, the last one has installed the SMTP service with relay, that SMTP forwards all the emails to mailjet, and it sends all the emails properly.

First of all, you must know how to change your DNS configuration for adding DKIM and SPF entrances in your domain. It’s the same than googleapps. If you have no idea about what I’m talking about, please, look the next link dns config.

Steps:

1. Having an SMTP(relay) in your LAN already working.
  2. Having your SAPPRO working with your SMTP. Check the tx scot.
  3. Check that your firewall has the port 587 for outgoing connections opened.
  4. Sing up in www.mailjet.com.
    1. Free account (12.000 emails per month)
    2. Bronze account $6 dollars per month (30.000 emails per month). I choose it.
  5. Configure your DNS properly with DKIM and SPF and wait the propagation.
  6. Configure your local SMTP in order to forward all your emails to mailjet, using the user and password that they provide to you.
  7. You have to check that all your transactionals emails are properly written. (subject, body, from, to…)
  8. Enjoy, your customers are receiving all your transactional emails, (orders, invoices, etc)

Explanations:

I’m sure steps 1,2 and 3 are not a problem for you. If you need any help, google it, there is a lot of information about it.

Step 4: register an account on www.mailjet.com and choose your plan.

Step 5: Access to your DNS panel control, a follow the instructions that Mailjet gives to you.

Step 6: Once you have your smtp user and password, you have forward all the emails to the mailjet server.

·         Your user will look like this: f79lkyui45tiuyt43yt98y643iu7y4

·         Your password: 555y3iuyt78yt798g789yb8975489

·         Mail server: in-v3.mailjet.com

Now open the remote control in the server you have installed the SMTP server, and configure it as I did.

Right click and then click on properties.

Delivery sheet. (Outbound Security, Outbound connections…, Advanced)

Step 7: pay attention, there are a lot of kinds of emails in SAP:

·         Orders,

·         invoices,

·         email to forwards and other shipping companies.

Normally you have more than one language setup on your system,your emails will be sent in the customer language.

I had a problem with transactional emails without body,we sent an attachment only with subject. Those emails arrived, but the attachments were corrupted, and it couldn’t be opened.

The solution was simple, put a body on the email.

Step 8: enjoy! From the Mailjet panel is too much easier to trace all your emails.

Message was edited by: José Emmanuel Najar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) pls make sure about routing, dns and firewall rules from sap server to externally hosted mail server.

2) pls go throgh below link for smtp config in SAP server

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm