cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number based results recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a senario with serial numbers managed parts which require independent results recording for every serial number. I have maintained the following settings after going through the SAP documentation and also some threads in this forum as follows.

Enable QM in the material master

Activate inspection type 04

Enable "serial nos. possible" and "100% inspection" check boxes

Create an inspection characterisctic with "Single values" "Fixed scope"

Create Inspection plan with "External numbering required" in QM additional data

The screen shot of the results recording is as enclosed. You can see the single recording icon is frozen(greyed) and there is no "Units to be inspected tab". Kindly guide me where is the mistake. Also in UD, it is not asking for any serial number. I can only display the serial number for the lot. There is no pop up during stock posting also.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In result recording user setting-default values , select recording view as recording by uinits to be inspected. You can do RR for individual serial number.

Regards,

Pragalathan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridharan,

I checked the screen shot and found there was only one pc to inspect in the inspection lot. If there is only one in the lot, it is not needed to expand the  single recording icon. that's why it is greyed.

Please check the quantity of the lot, and the samping.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

please chleck the following.

1. have you created serial number profile and assigned in the material master for this material?

2. in serial number profile,  check whether profile is maintained for 'serial numbers in inspection lot ' ( QMLS)

3. for serial numbers in UD and result recording please clarify , whether goods receipt ( after prod. order confirmation) is done with serial numbers, so that same serial numbers will flow while result recording.

4. please check your control indicators in charachteristic, whether you are using summarized recording.

Regards.

Aditya

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Aditya Bapat wrote:

(...)

2. in serial number profile,  check whether profile is maintained for 'serial numbers in inspection lot ' ( QMLS)

3. for serial numbers in UD and result recording please clarify , whether goods receipt ( after prod. order confirmation) is done with serial numbers, so that same serial numbers will flow while result recording.

In addition, if 3. is true then also check if you need additional serializing procedures (e.g. PPAU or MMSL or HUSL) in your serial number profile.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

1. The serial no profile is assigned to the material master and it contains procedures for MMSL,QMSL, and all SD functions(4)

2. I am using the create automatic serial no while doing Migo_go and have ensured that the serial numbers are assigned in the document display.

3. Control indicator is set to single result and not summarised.

In one of the old threads, it was mentioned about the settings to be done and seperate tab will be open for assigning the s.nos in RR and during UD there will be a pop up to assign s.nos while posting of stocks. that is only not happening.

Moreover after posting this query, i saw one more point that in plant specific settings for QM there is an indicator when set to value =1 always displays summarised recording. I have removed that link and I was able to get the Unit specific inspection tab. Let me tell you more clearly after trying few more lots before confirming.

Sridharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MH,

All above points are already ensured as explained by you. All I need is I am not getting that seperate view for RR specific to s.nos and during UD no pop-up is coming while posing the stock. But if I seee the serial numbers for the lot I am able to see those comiong from the material document. anyway i'll try few more lots and let you know finally.

Sridharan

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Be aware that you will only get a popup for serial number selection if you do a split stock posting at UD (e.g. 5 pieces to scrap, 3 pieces to free). If you post all to only one stock type, you will not be asked to provide any serial numbers, as they are already contained in you inspection lot and will be automatically "forwarded".

Regards

MH

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridharan,

1. Ensure the material document number with reference to which, inspection lot was created, contain serial number. You can check this in MIGO display.
  2. Ensure you are not using summarized result recording
  3. While result recording select characteristic and click on symbol. You can not record results as in normal case, when material is serially managed. You must click on this symbol. Serial numbers appear there.
  4. If you are doing partial stock posting, then only system prompts you to select partial serial numbers. If you are posting entire quantity either to unrestricted or block, system would not prompt to input serial numbers.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I will try the point no.3 and 4 as suggested by you. Point 1 & 2 are already taken care.

Regards,

Sridharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I will try the point no.3 and 4 as suggested by you. Point 1 & 2 are already taken care.

Regards,

Sridharan