Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on Rebate Processing

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have searched the forum, however did not get queries to certain basic issues which I am facing.

1) I have configured the entire rebate scenario, the settlement would be manual, however when I am going to change rebate agreement in vbo2, and click on pay, the system is triggering the credit memo request which is BK3, however I need to know what would be the credit memo type for the credit memo(billing document), when I checked the copy controls the system says it is BK3 again but the naming convention is Debit Memo Agreemnt, hence please let me know what is the standard credit memo type for rebate credit memo which I can use

2) When I trigger my credit memo request which is BK3, I do not see the rebate condition type which needs to appear twice, I can see the same only once,is there any configuration which I am missing?

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check the customizing setting of the regbate agreement type in transaction VB(2.

1) please notice the credit memo request type proposed form the payment, that should be BK3. Then run VOV8 and check waht is the default order-related billing type assigned that.

2) please check if the flag 'Reverse accruals' is set. If it isn't then the system does not create the condition to reverse the accrual.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks for the reply could you please let me know where the flag reverse accruals need to be set?

Kind Regards

Atul

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

the 'Reverse accruals flag is present in the screen of VB(2, under 'Manual payment' section.

Here is the the setting in my system.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks a lot for the help, the same has come, however the setting is present in the rebate agreement type,request if you could help me on the below two queries as well,

1) I checked the setting in copy controls for the credit memo request which is BK3 and for the credit memo the same is again BK3, the description for the same is Debit Memo agreement I was wondering how can it be a debit memo it should be a credit memo right since we are paying to the customer?

2) What would be the item category for the credit memo request BK3, I checked this in assign item category settings the same is not present

2)  Next I have maintained scales in vbo2, however in the basic condition record screen in vbo2, I have maintained the amount as 1% and Accruals also as 1%

Scales Maintained are

1.000-
2.000-
3.000-

a) I have created Sales Order Number 1 with value 1,00,000 and in the billing document the system calculated the rebate as 1%, which is 1000.

b) The requirement is if I create the second sales order say Order Number 2 again with 1,00,000, the accrual amount should be 1,00,000(Order1)+ 1,00,000(Order 2)= 2,00,000 hence the system in vb02 accrual should propose 2000 as the accrued amount however it is showing only 1000 for the relevant billing document, this is being checked in the rebate payments drilldown

3) However in both my billing documents the system shows the rebate amount as only 1000 which is correct but amount accrued for the second billing document should be 2000, please advice.

Kind Regards

Atul

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

1) I checked in VOFA, and BK3 has Sd document category VBTYP = 'O' - Credit memo.

So it is correct, just the description is misleading.

2) in my system BK3 is not present in VOV4 too. Are you getting any error while perform the settlement ? I checked in VTFA for combination BK3 -> BK3 and I see that B1N is present at item level. So I suppose this is the right item category to use.

3) please check the SAP note 397211 about scales in rebate conditions.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks for the reply and all your help, just a couple of queries is there any standard tcode for rebate where I can see the amounts which have accrued and also the ones which I have paid to the customer and why in the credit memo request do I need to have two entries? though you gave me the setting for the accruals but why does it need to appear in my credit memo request.

Kind Regards

Atul

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

inside VBO2, VBO3 , select menu Rebate Payments -> Rebate documents.

Here you ca see the credit memos already created for that rebate agreement. On the right there is net value.

A more technical way is to search in table S060, but you need to know the KNUMH of the conditions present in the rebate agreement.

When a billing document containing a rebate condition is released to accounting, the rebate condition value is accrued.

When you pay the customer, the paid amount will reduce the accrued value.

This is normally required by business.

From SAP side, the accrual, and reversal of accrual is not mandatory.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks again the note 397211 that you gave does not talk about rebate it talks about MRP area error, can you give me the correct note number please, and are there any standard sap t codes or reports which I can check.

Kind Regards

Atul

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, the right number is 392711

Answers (0)