cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Web Dynpro project in NWDS 7.3 ,Please can anybody give the brief description about NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.3

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I am new to NWDS and i  installed 32 bit NWDS7.3-SP07-PAT0002 , but i am unable to create new Web Dynpro project since in New--> unable to find the Web Dynpro Project application. Even in new--> Other --> Web Dynpro also i observe only Web Dynpro Development Component .

For your reference please observe the screen shoot of NWDS

Please give valuable suggestion

Kindly Expedite

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sandip is correct.

As of 710 it is not possible to create a "standalone" project or "plain project", like in older times on 700. But it doesn't mean you have to have NWDI for small applications to develop. You can create DCs for your LocalDevelopment node (in development configurations perspective). Once you create a WD DC from scratch, it automatically creates a WD project for it and it is showing up in your WD perspective. If you use NWDI and sync a DC, then the project has to be created explicitly from the context menu of the given DC (in development configurations perspective).

Best Regards,

Ervin

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

My question is that after creation of WD project i am unable to find context in view window only layout is avilable in in window bellow tab.Regarding this i search in   windows/show view also but no use.

For reference please observe the below screen shot.

Ervin if you have any documents related to NWDS 7.3 please share to me.

Thanks in advance

Regard:

Srinivas

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are in the layout view of your WD DC, then simply click on that page to anywhere where no ui element is focused, then you will see that on the bottom of the page further tabs like (Context) is showing up.

Regarding the "implementation"  tab it is not any more available there where say the "Layout" view is. You have to right click on your View (on the left hand side in the WD explorer) and select "Open -- Java Editor"

Best Regards,

Ervin

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankq Very much for your help,Last one can you please describe me how can i create Delta links between views. On right click Component, i open the data modeler, in data modeler i need to create delta links  , but i am unable to create delta link between views.

Please observe the below screen shoot.If create Delta link between views link is not created and showing Crass mark , but between component controller link will be created after Context mapping.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that creating data links between views is allowed. Please bind the data link to the component controller. if you want to share data between SriniView and SrinivasView, then do the communication via the component controller.

See an example for it here: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/fd/ed32a8c9994b4ba4a1645a764814db/frameset.htm

The section that deals with your question is "Defining Data Binding for UI Elements".

! Please also note that this question is now rather belonging to webdynpro forum which you can reach under http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-java

Best Regards,

Ervin

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

Thankq very very much.

Regards,

Srinivas

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you are welcome 😉

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

I am unable to find Navigation modeler  under windows.IN NWDS 7.1 i find under the Window( n pic under Srinivas),but in NWDS 7.2 i cann't.

Please observe the attached screen shoot.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

please open a separate thread for each question. This makes possible for other people to find one problem in one thread and so it simplifies problem searching.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

i open new post for this question.

Thanks.

Srinivas

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sure, I am looking forward to it.

Thank you!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

alright, the Navigation Modeler can be found in the WD Explorer (left hand side view) -- expand the node of the WebDynpro -- Components -- Windows (right under Views) -- doubleclick on the window node, and you will see on the right hand side the Navigation Modeler.

Next time please ask one question in one thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Ervin

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

Sorry post like this . I have a problem with NWDS 7.3 regarding this i posted in SDN also still my problem persist. Please go through the following post Default system not displaying And where we find JAVA server?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3226185

If posting like this is wrong  please spare me for this time.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Srinivas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you create a Wreb dynpro Development component, then you create a web dynpro project

starting with NWDS 7.3, local projects are not supported..it has to be a DC even if Local DC

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

Thanks for your prompt response.After creation of project i open View i found only layout tab in bottom of view window , except layout i am unable to find the Contex.......etc.

If u have any document related to NWDS 7.3 can you please share to me.

Thanks in advance 

Regards,

Srinivas

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just do a search in SDN, you would find lot of materials on Web dynpro java 7.3

For your question - right click on the iview -> java editor

Once its opened, at the bottom of NWDS -properties tab - there you will find the context

with 7.3, finding context/events is bit more navigation than earlier..

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are in the layout view of your WD DC, then simply click on that page to anywhere where no ui element is focused, then you will see that on the bottom of the page further tabs like (Context) is showing up.

Regarding the "implementation"  tab it is not any more available there where say the "Layout" view is. You have to right click on your View (on the left hand side in the WD explorer) and select "Open -- Java Editor"

Best Regards,

Ervin