cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP ECC 6.0 ABAP proxy to multiple SAP PI systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings

I am trying to investigate if and how it could be possible to connect ONE ERP ECC 6.0 (release 701, patchlevel 😎 to multiple SAP PI systems using the proxy framework.

Is it possible to set up the proxy framework to connect to multiple SAP PI systems? If yes, how?

In SXMB_ADM it is only possible to setup one IS_URL however I saw some old blogs from year 2009 ( link here ) where a subparameter can be setup so that when this subparameter is set an alternative proxy on alternate IS is called, but this approach has some drawbacks, in the way that the proxies/interfaces from the alternative system is not visible in SPROXY etc.

So I wondered if there was any alternative better solutions in the updates to ECC and SAP PI  after year 2009?

Help will be greatly appreciated

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby, according to documentation in SPROXY (click on green flash "connection test" button), only 1 source repository can be connected, either via exchange profile or RFC destination:

"As an alternative to using the exchange profile, you can maintain the RFC destination SAP_PROXY_ESR. If this RFC destination is maintained it will be used by the proxy generation in place of data from  the exchange profile to access the Service Repository. In this case, the Exchange Profile will even not be read."

Regards, Martin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx guys, we will transfer the old 7.0 scenarios to 7.31 and end up with only one repository in the near future.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

yes, you can connect serveral PI systems by setting IS_URL parameters with a subparameter runtime user. But you can connect only ONE repository, that means you would need to harmonize the PI systems (you can use transport files).

Please read Sandro's blog Connect SAP Application System to multiple SAP PI Integration Server - Variant n°1

Regards,

Udo

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check these notes for further updates on this:

1. 1334174 Interface-specific IS_URL parameter
  2. 1549038 XI runtime: Proxy message to local IS

Regards

Mark