cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBOF - Campaign determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the scenario where we would like to use transaction VBOF to retrospectively include invoices against rebate agreements that have been generated for short term promotions in our CRM TPM system. These rebate agreements that are generated from the TPM promotion are however campaign specific, that is the campaign ID (promotion ID) is part of the rebate agreement condition access key, for example Campaign ID/Customer/ Material

Consequently, when we execute VBOF for these rebate agreements, no invoices are processed because the campaign ID does not reside on the invoices which we wish to include against the rebate agreement.

This according to the SAP Help documentation is standard SAP, in that whilst VBOF does carry out a repricing of invoices to apply the rebate condition retrospectively, it does not carry out campaign determination on existing invoices. Campaign determination determines the promotion that the invoice should be picked on.

My question is does anyone have any experience of implementing a solution to resolve this kind or problem. My initial thoughts on this were whether we could enable campaign determination to run on invoices first so that these invoices would then be picked up by VBOF and the Sales Volume of the rebate agreement updated.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Campaign re-determination on invoice can be done easily while creating the invoice - not retro though.

I never thought about retroactive rebate processing in TPM since our clients are from consumer goods industry, and their daily number of transactions is huge.

If you are not using enhanced rebate processing, I would prefer modifying the accrual run in TPM to read past transaction volume.

If you are using enhanced rebate, then as Giacomo mentioned it is difficult.

Since there is no guarantee that LIS table s469 is stable everytime, you need to pay more attention on the data flow etc- my assumption is that number of transactions is huge.

Regards,

Mehmet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Campaign re-determination on invoice is not so difficult, but is really limited.

If you have some custom field on campaign condition record, triggering campaign determination on its change is a pain (just as a remind, here you can find when campaign determination is triggered).

Unfortunately also my clients are from CG Industry, and they are always asking for retroactive rebate processing, since in ECC is a standard behavior.

Anyway, seems that with SAP ECC on HANA this limitation (retroactive VBOF and campaign determination) will be overridden (as far as i have understood from changes and from SAP support).

Giacomo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

We initially attempted to implement a custom report that performed campaign determination on a selection of invoices and which would update the invoice lines with the campaign ID accordingly. The idea was that this would run prior to running VBOF. Due to poor performance, we abandoned that idea.

Instead we are calculating the backdated spend directly in the planning layout using a planning function to retrieve Actual Sales fro BI and then applying the discount. The amount is then posted as an accrual on the rebate agreement.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

we have made a development to achieve that (even if SAP told us to not use it in production).

We had to "manually" redo campaign determination, update the campaign assignment for the invoice, then update the VBOF indexes.

Unfortunately, due to the way VBOF works, all those steps are needed.

The idea to use the planning layout is good, but it will only works if you have accruals calculated in CRM.

Giacomo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giacomo, Paul,

Very interesting discussion.

We have same need here on running campaign determination at the moment VBOF runs. I understand for VBOF indexes you are referring to VBOX table and you can do it with TCode OVB3. is that correct?

For the campaign assignment for the invoice, can you provide some more details?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

is quite more complex.

As for campaign assignement, a table exist for it, where a campaing is linked to a Sales Document.

After that, VBOX indexes needs to be reconstructed; anyway, the OVB3 is a dangerous transaction, since it will set for every rebate condition KSPAE flag.

After that, VBOF should run considering new campaign.

Regards,

Giacomo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

a custom development is possible.

Anyway, is really complex and you need to modify (or copy) some standard report.

Kind Regards,

Giacomo