cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How cleanup failed/completed packages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

I searched around, but wasn't able to come up with a solution so far. Is there something like a generic report to cleanup the views, temporary tables and stuff in the control, receiver and sender system?

Or do you simply deactivate a package, delete the project and start from scratch, without bothering about leftover entries in CNV* tables and such?

Cheers Michael

BTW: An official uninstall of the DMIS* addons would be most appreciated. I know this is usually not possible but TDMS seems to be properly self-contained, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The amount of leftovers depends on the status of the package you want to delete.

If the package is already in phase Data Transfer and Fill header and Data selection has already started it is very important to clean up the DMC_INDXCL Table on the sender side and all cnvtdms_05_* tables on the sender side.

Best would be to trigger the postprocessing steps to clean them up before deactivating the package.

Other than that Rupams answer is still valid for TDMS 4.0 but the report is as far as i konw only single system specific. -> i would run it on each involved system for the same package number.

Best Regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, i already had checked note 1030483, but didn't dare to import the transport request into my TDMS 4.0 system.

But i discovered the Report CNV_MBT_PACKAGE_REORG is already there and seems to do some cleanup. DMC_INDXCL wasn't containing data so far, but thanks for that bit too.

Cheers Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to the instructions in the OSS note 1030483 for some cleanup activities.

Regards,

Rupam