cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Budget is Negative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In one project the Available budget is showing as negative value (Rs. 10000-) in the transaction code S_ALR_87013558.

I have executed CJEN and CJBN but no results found and also checked available control is active.

We are using Over all Budget option (not year wise budget posting).

Kindly suggest why budget is showing as negative value and how we can resolve this issue.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Regards

TPT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all

the problem is that while consumption of the budget ,system does not check tolerance maintained in the PO during the creation of PO ,so when GRN is done it allows to post the cost at the cost more than the PO value as tolerance is maintained for PO

Now the system at this moment of time ,that is when Good Receipt is in process,does not check budget ,i have raised issue  to sap but the answer didn't generate any positive results.

Please help out with ,for any solution available,and also i had posted in detail the post just 2-3 days back ,if any one can help out it shall be appreciable

0 Kudos

Dear TPT,

First please refer to the solution part of note 178837.

In order to find out whether there is a problem in the assigned value please call the WBS-element in CJ31. In the detailed screen choose the menu "Extras->Availability Control->Analysis".After this was executed type in the command "=SUM" into the OK-code field on top left of the screen.

If you do not receive any pop-up that the system found inconsistent assigned values there is actually no error then. For an explanation of the assigned value now expand the list of the WBS-elements to see the total consumptions in detail.

If you do receive a pop-up after entering "=SUM" then you need to rebuild availability control with transaction CJEN and after this was finished by running CJBN.

Please have a look at note 1424698 for the potential reasons of budget overruns.

Best Regards,

Edna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Edna

Thanks for the quick support,

As per your inputs I have entered command "=SUM" in Command field but not got any pop-up screen and also executed once again CJEN and CJBN, found no result, also red on the above mentioned notes.

current report is showing Budget is 500000, Actual is 400000 and commitments are 101000, Assigned values are 501000. This is for your information.

Due to this available amount is showing as 1000-.

I have also expanded entries in CJ31 thru AVC Analysis, few entries are marked as red those described for the above notes.

Now my question is how can we resolve this issue and  find out the suitable reasons.

Waiting for your valuable inputs on this.

Regares

TPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TPT,

The standard SAP system does not check for budget availability while doing goods receipts. As per my understanding the high probability is that the actuals posted as a result of GRs might have resulted in this negative value..

Have all the GRs been made against  POs?Or are there some instances where GRs have been made independently by the Finance people(as a result of mistake or any miscellaneous reason)?I think you need to concentrate on CJI3 report and filter out the values pertaining to the goods receipt document type(which I dont remember right now) and try to analyse if there are any which were posted independently of any PO.Is tedious but you may try with that till experts comment.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP Singh

Seems that is not the case, if we allocate budget year wise then this may arise, but here we are distributing the budget overall not year specific.

Also checked, all GRs are done with reference to PO only.

Kindly suggest if any reasons.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked tolerance level. It might be set to >100%.

Also check Business transaction of exceeding amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

Thanks for the support,

Tolerance profile maintained <100% only. In my case Assigned values are more than the  distributable budget. That is the reason budget is showing as negative value.

But how can I find out problematic entries and where it is happened (in which business scenario).  Also checked samethru CJ31 AVC analysis but entries are existed more than 1000. It is very difficult to find out reasons.

Can u suggest is there any way to find out reason?

Appreciate your inputs

Regards

TPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TPT,

In your S_ALR report select actual commitment amount(which is 10k more than assigned one) and follow- GOTO->Line item.

This will yield breakup of that amount.

Now Sum them at budgeted WBS level.

This will help you in finding the entry of 10k.

For that amount see BTrans(Add field from layout if needed).

Repost you findings here.

Regards,

Pranav