cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do CAD integration in sap plm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap gurus,

Can any body send the step by step process for SAP-CAD integration. I have done CAD configuration in "CDESKCUS" in erp client. But i couldn't able to load the CAD files. I have done doc.types, object part assignment in DMS. Please send the step by step process for SAP-PLM implementation.

Regds,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

In the first instance please see the SAP Note 1694219 and its attached documents for beginning this process of SAP Visual Enterprise integration with Netweaver's DMS application

Please also refer to the link: https://service.sap.com/rds-ve

Kind regards,

Derrick Hurley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for your reply. My client is having Auto CAD and solid works drawings. I have done configuration in CDESKCUS. But i couldn't able to see the CAD View tab. I haven't connected to content server. How can i get that tab.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Primarily you need to have SAP-CAD Interfaces supplied by the SAP Partners to work on bidirectional association between CAD and SAP. Once you connect the Interface and do the configurations in CDESK along with DMS configurations, You should be able to achive the Integration Functionality through CAD Desktop which will have Views like  SAP View, CAD View,CAD Worklist, CAD Working Directory and Document list which will help you to perform all your PLM related activities.

Rgds,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharsha and Derrick,

My client is using solidworks. I have installed cideon software and done configuration dc10,dc20,dc30 and as per the cideon manual in cdesk_cus also. But i couldn't able to see the CAD View in CDESK. Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Regds,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap gurus,

Solved by myself

Thanks and Regds,

Krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be aware that CAD integrations are going through SAP Engineering Control Center going forward, no more CAD Desktop.

Intro here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-trends/blog/2014/04/02/one-for-all-sap-s-new-strategy-for-auth...

Help Portal:

SAP Engineering Control Center – SAP Help Portal Page

Guides on Service Marketplace:

http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_HIER_KEY=501100035870...

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give me ur MAIL ID I will send the slides how to do CAD integration.

It is very simple procedure.

There are hardly 4 steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Kindly send the slides to me, as I need to know about the DMS CAD integration.

Thanks in advance.

[E-mail removed is it's against ROE to post them]

Message was edited by: Moshe Naveh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for delay i am out of station. once back i'll send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Email removed

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Can you send those slides to me as my client has CAD integration requirement.

Regards,

Atul Tulaskar

Message was edited by: Caroleigh Deneen - email address removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that publishing your email address in posts is against the Rules of Engagement. As is sharing information via email.