cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading PDF417 barcode printed from SAP Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have used existing PDF417 barcode available in the Adobe Forms object library. Multiple field values were concatenated into a single variable, and this variable is mapped to the barcode. As we require “Carriage Return(CR)” as a field delimiter, we have used “CR_LF” attribute of CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES class with below combinations –

a. Complete “CR_LF” internally displayed as ‘##’(hex - 0D000A00)
b. Used “CR_LF”+0(1) displayed as ‘#’(hex - 0D00)

When the bar code is read through legacy barcode readers and the data is decoded, we find that the delimiter is Line Feed (hex - 0A00) instead of CR (hex - 0D00)in both the cases mentioned above.

Please let us know if any one has faced a similar issue. Please share your suggestion to achieve the delimiter as Carriage Return (hex - 0D; dec - 13) value instead of Line Feed(hex - 0A; dec - 10).

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This sounds to me as though it's an issue with the setting of your legacy barcode scanner. You should be able to configure the scanner to decode the barcode in the way you wish.

Regards

Rob

Preprinted Barcode Labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your thoughts, Robert. We doubted this scenario too. We have checked with the software with which they read the barcode and process the documents. The software reads as '0A' (LF) and shows the system details as UNIX. But when we read another barcode which is not generated from SAP, it shows as '0D' and the system details as 'MAC'. So we searched in internet about the compatibility of this character in OS perspective. The details show that MAC (till version 9) has CR as a character which is supported by OS and UNIX / WIndows all have only LF as character for both CR/LF, which make it treat CR also as LF. Though the functionality of the char doesnot change we have trouble with the internal hex value it carries, which is different for both. And bar code scanner checks only based on this hex value.

Pip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we got reply from SAP. And they are releasing the patch for it. Thanks for your inputs / thoughts. Reply to get exact details.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivekanand,

I have a question on pdf417 barcode. Sorry for not giving any reply (as i am also struck with this situation) to your question but raising one more doubt.

I have to take a GUID 32 bit value field in my driver program and concatenate it with the respective page numbers in the adobe form. Now for 1 or 2 page adobe form i can concatenate guid with value 1 and 2 in my driver program and send it as a string to adobe form and bind it on respective pages.

But if there are lets say 40 pages and bar code is present on master page in the layout, then what should be done. I mean how would i know through my diver program that my adobe form is going to generate how many pages and how would i have the concatenation of guid with the page numbers which are in adobe forms.

Please let me know if you have any solution for this.

Rgds,

NItin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Hope you would tring few ways. Just to give another suggestion, did you try to use java script on the field value, to replace the value with page number of the current page.

xfa.host.currentPage gives the current page number. Place this in a temporary variable and replace this value in the rawValue which you bind to barcode. Please let me know if this works.

Regards,

Vivek