Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM workflow data update conditional logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement:

During a  MDM import is complete, i have a following scenario

lets say

i have new record added A2 and one of the field value in the record is A1 (eg. parent of A2). I want to update few fields for A2 record by fetching those values from A1 record (which already exists in MDM).

How can i handle this using MDM workflow?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

You can do next:

Create syndication map for A1 record where you should to syndicate A2 record key and field values which you want to update in A2 record.

Then

Create WF with trigger action= Record import

Your WF will consists of next steps:

Start->syndicate->stop

where syndicate contain your syndication map.

Then

You should to create import map for A1 data and in Checkout/Workflow property launch your Workflow.

Then

You should to create import map for A2 data.

Then

Create integration scenario for send your data from your syndication port (from A1) to your import port (for A2)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

I don't think your requirement can be achieved using MDM capabilities only i.e. Assignment, validations etc.

But this could be achieved using Java APIs so that field values are compared first and then data is extracted and updated accordingly. You can update some flag in MDM after importing data so that search could be made easier for updation by Java API.

One other approach could be:

Syndicate those parent records(i.e. A1) by using some filter criteria or some expression to PI system.

PI system will send back the data to some port and new map should be created where you can map Vendor Number(say) A1 to Parent Number. This field will be used for Matching purpose so that data is updated to those records which have A1 as Parent.

While syndicating data you can use the expressions like Create Time stamp is last 1 hour and Vendor number is equal to Parent Number. Have to check the possibilities.

Kindly check and let me know for any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj