cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to copy-and-paste your blog from MS Word into the Jive system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see an "import from Word" button so wanted to see if there was a way to do this or a workaround. Anything that would ease the challenge of re-entering the entire blog post in Jive would be helpful. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Does this solve your question?

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason:

Is the copy past functionality disabled for "write a document"? I've been trying for the past two days on pasting/uploading a word doc I created to the forum but no luck.

I appreciate your guidance

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you using IE? Try a different browser.

If the problem persists, create a new discussion thread in this forum (this thread is from long ago)

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Will do, thanks Jason

PeterSpielvogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The alternate browser (Chrome rather than IE) fixed the problem for me. It now takes 5 min rather than 35 min to have a clean, well-formatted post on SCN now.

Thanks, Jason.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can just copy/paste the content to the advanced editor and then click Remove formatting to clean up the text.

The removed formatting button appears just next to the font size selector when the advanced editor is selected:

Please note that you can save drafts of SCN blogs and documents and then choose to publish them at a later time.  This will save you the hassle of importing your text while giving you the flexibility to write and review later the content you author.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Many times, I have copied from MS Word and pasted in the SCN Blog. That is a common feature.

I am not sure what is really stopping you?

Thanks,

Ravi