cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to link the notifications in PS module to sales order in SD.  Can somebody guide me as I am totally unaware of the notifications in PS.  I need this PS module notification as this matches the requirements of our customer with timestamps and user information.  Our customer's business is such that they send interdepartmental notifications.

Your quick suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Notifications in PS are primiarily used for claim management function. This function is used to notfiy cost or budget escalation for the project.

However you have not mention the exact purpsoe of the notification you want to use in PS, but I think you should be able to use notifications PS. However they will require pre-requisite such as event triggering the same, approval process and end action.

For more information on the same refer this link: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a9/8c4538e0876b5be10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra

Our requirement is as below:

We are using a Dashboard on CRM. All transactions from ECC 6.0 will be called onto the dashboard by the Customer Services Representative. Notifications is one of the transaction which need to be called onto the dashboard. The purpose of the notification is just interdepartmental. Any notifications coming from the different department need to be able to be viewed by the CSR (only display mode) and CSR should be able to add comments again under that and update for a particular department so that the respective department person would be able to view the notes. This should carry information like, who created or edited the notes and timestamp.

Kindly let me know if it is clear or you need more information.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I guess triggering a messgae/notification across various departments whenever a event is triggered in system. So that other users can read and add comments if any accordingly.

You can use workflow process to trigger message/notifications for event takes place in your system.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workflow I believe is basically used for an approval process. I do not think in this project we will be configuring a workflow to trigger a notification.

Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you are aware what is notification and workflow. Please tell us what do you mean by Notification in your concept here.

Note that you can use workflow not only approval process but also information.

Regards,

Sudhakar