Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distinguish different sales channels within the same distribution channel

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

We have this scenario that the product is sold on different websites like amazon, ebay, and 10 more. All these sales are processed by a Third-system which will then send the order information to SAP for order creation and subsequent actions. the question here is that how can you distinguish the sales channels (different websites) within the same distribution channel (we have one distribution channel now which is called web sales). I know you can include the sales website in the text of the order but I don't think in that case you can generate reports for each sale channel. Do you have to use different distribution channels for this case? This is not preferred since the sales websites might expand and we don't want to get IT department involved each time.

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I know you can include the sales website in the text of the order but I don't think in that case you can generate reports for each sale channel."

Take the information of the website to a text (better to create a new text ID). It is very easy to use the content of the text field in a report. Ask your technical developer to use READ_TEXT function module. Provide him/her the TDOBJECT (eg VBBK), TDNAME (Invoice Number), TDID (Text ID) and TDSPRAS (EN for English).

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish:

Thanks so much for your answer. I think in that case it will do it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

different websites like amazon, ebay, and 10 more. 

From read your post, I gather that the "categorization" is needed at header level, sales order.

You might want to look at field "Price list" in CMR.

E.g. for amazon = 01, for ebay = 02 etc.

While creating a sales order, the price list shall take the value from the CMR (button Sales Area data, Tab Sales) but this can be changed by the user to 01 or 02....etc. depending upon the website from which the goods have been sold.

SAP F1 help, price list which talks about its function to generate statistics.

Price list type

You can use price list types to apply conditions during pricing or to generate statistics.

You could also create 09 for Others. This would address the later on newly created websites (sales channels).

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help T. W. In this case, does the user need to change the price list manually each time a sales order is created or there's a way to do this automatically? Do you think there will be a way to build it in the interface between that third-system and SAP?

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The price list in the sales order would be defaulted from the CMR, this value would then have to be changed.

The changing of price list value can be done manually or automatically but coding would be required (i.e. Ztable in an userexit; maybe USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK in program MV45AFZZ)

Do you think there will be a way to build it in the interface between that third-system and SAP?

This is also possible, but main "issue" here is to see the benefit and the cost, with regards to this information exchange with an interface.

To understand better, in the process, when is it determined (at what stage in the process) that the goods (for a customer) shall be sold via ebay etc.?

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

In the business, actually we don't decide which outlet to sell the goods, the third-system handles all the sales. Our company holds the inventory so that once the goods is sold in that system, order information with cost and price, ship to, and so on will be send to SAP. I guess the problem here is that only when a sales order is created within that system will we know which outlet is the goods sold through. In that case your can't really assign the price list in CMR since 1. most of them will be one time customer, 2. even the same customer might shop through different outlets.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If in the same sales order few line items are sold through ebay and few line items through amazon, then having sales channel at header level would not work. You would have to think of sales channel per line item.

Is it possible to have multiple sales channels for one sales order?

In my opinion, even for one time customers, the price lists can be maintained.

Please test this.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use some field (like sales office or a zfield in Additional Data B tab) in the sales order to capture the name of the third party (eBay, Amazon) doing the sale on your behalf. It will help you in pulling the reports with this field.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T. W.

no, there will not be a case of multiple sales channel in the same order. But I think Ravi's suggestion is easier to work on since that does not require update of CMR each time. Thanks for your suggestion though! I really appreciate it!

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi:

I think this will work. Thanks so much!