cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Report on SAP CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to produce a report for Activity Montoring in SAP CLM. I need to have User Name, Last Name etc. Those are not an issue to get except I need to also count number of times a certain user logs into the system between certain dates.

Is there any table I can get access to this type of info. The FCI_UPP_CURRENT_USAGE only shows currently logged in users not count of historical user log in's. Otherwise I have to settle for FCI_DOC_CHG_HISTORY. I can use this to track everytime a user changes documents.

Thanks

Tebogo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried looking at the existing User activity report.  It can either be run as a user or accessed and run by the System user.

There is also the sessions tab in the System Information area that can provide some of this information.

At present no equivalent field in Sourcing to track these metrics.

It may be possible to create a customization that would write to a custom field.  There may be some difficulty in differentiating between a login and account modification though,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for the response. I have decided to go for the custom functionality I am going to build into an external JAR. This JAR will be scheduled to run on a daily basis and pick up last login\activity from FCI_UPP_CURRENT_USAGE which is tied to a user object and store this result in another custom field.

Then I can run a report from this extension field for the week to create this usage report.

What I need to know now is that, are we allowed to run update\insert scripts on the extension tables? The last time I tried to do this, I ended up not succeeding to write to an extension field inside my JAR custom code. Unless I was missing something. Please confirm if this is good enough to go with.

Thanks

Tebogo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your plan looks solid, however the practice that may have made it difficult in the past is that the Extension Field API's provided in Sourcing should be used to update Extension Fields.  Using SQL to update them directly will cause problems and likely be unsuccessful.