cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need a small clarification on the planning area datasource, we have created a datasource on a planning area. when i did RSA3 on the datasource it came up with 20,000 records, but when i extract the data into a cube in BW using the same datasource its coming up with 3million records.

Could some one let me know what is the concept behind this LC.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Chris,

RSA3 gives you the records in the datasource without duplicates(it adds up same key records). But cube doesnot add up records with same key so it just addup records. Take a record and compare between your cube data and the rsa3 output if there are multiple occurences of that record.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

Thank you for responding

I am doing a full load by killing the data in the infocube, so there is no chance of duplicate records in the cube and besides while extracting the data my infopackage is showing 3 millions and rsa3 is about 800 records.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u give any selection in RSA3? If not they should be same. There is a BI forum in SDN. Thats a better place to post this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

I did give the exact selections in RSA3 as in infopackage, i think there is some thing behind the datasource like live chache and things.

Thanks

Chris

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

My guess - none of these things. RSA3 extractor checker by default will not pull all records but only a subset. However when you run the infopackage for full load all records will be loaded into the cube.

That is the likely cause for the difference in number of records.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somanth may be correct. RSA3 in ECC systems is a ECC datasource but here you actaully generate a BI datasource. I am not sure if RSA3 works properly in BI. I will get back to you on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeh Somnath

I think that might be the cuase.

Thanks anyways.

Chris

Message was edited by:

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The volume of data that RSA3 pulls is dependent on the number that you placed "number of calls" parameter. It will extract only a subset of the data in your planning area if the "number of calls" parameter is too low.

If you extract data using an InfoPack, however, it will extract all of the data in the planning area which satisfies the condition you placed in the InfoPack.

RSA3 should work the same way for APO as it does for other kinds of datasources. We just need to be careful on the parameters we place.

Answers (0)