cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to install Java-Addin for existing ABAP stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a former solution manager 3.2 installation which was upgraded to solution manager 4.0 which is now a solution manager 7.0 ABAP stack only installation.

To have a full featured solution manager up-to-date version I already installed all the abap related support packages for SPS 17 and now I am stuck at the point where the documentation said that I can install the java stack as an add-in to an existing ABAP stack. There it stated that I have to deinstall the existing dialog instance of my abap stack, but did not describe what exactly I have to do.

I am now confused what that means as all parts (solman instance and database) were installed on one server.

1. Is there an option in sapinst to just deinstall a dialog instance?

2. What will the installer exactly remove when I deinstall the dialog instance?

3. Do I have to backup any data or files (configuration) from my solman instance? (other than my regular backup currently do)

4. When I reinstall a "ABAP+JAVA" dialog instance, this will be the same "System ID" as before, right?

5. Any other points there to be aware of?

It would be great if you can help me out with hints or answers.

Thanks,

Shapoc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you are in SP17, this is posible,

just follow the guidance in the installation guide below

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_OBJECT=011000358700000512392008E&_SCENARIO=011000358700...

section 2.5 How to Distribute Instances to Hosts for a Java Add-In page number 23.

if this is not your relevant OS,DB select your appropriate inst guides from

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/instguides -> SAP components -> SAP solution Manager -> SAP solution manager 7.0

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

thanks for your hint.

The system is running on a windows 2003 Server with SAPDB. As this is a single host installation and should stay on this single host I cannot see the answer to my question by distributing the instances to different hosts. Or didn't I got your hint correcty?

I am only confused by the installation documentation which said that I have to uninstall an existing dialog instance of my abap stack in order to be able to install the java add-in. And I am not sure if the uninstall is as simple as it is described without changing the underlaying system??

Regards,

Andreas