cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive value of "negative-marked" pricing condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to find solution for next situation. Company sells products to customer and pricing is in following form (example):

PR00     100€    - price

ZZ01     - 15€     - discount

Therefore total value of this deal is 85€.

But, if invoice is issued only with PR00 value, without discount, there is necessity to create new invoice because of refund 15€.

Conditions are:

- new document have not to use PR00 to 15€ refund, but only to use ZZ01 (because of reporting and so on...)

- condition type ZZ01 have to be marked only as negative (X value in "Plus/minus sign of the condition amount")

I think there are 2 ways of creating that new invoice:

1. use debit note: there will be pricing in following form:

PR00       0€

ZZ01     -15€

Result is OK, total value is -15€, but I am not sure if it is possible to have negative total value of invoice and if yes, how it will be posted.

2. use credit note: there will be pricing:

PR00      0€

ZZ01     15€

Result is OK, credit note with total value 15€. But, as I described, ZZ01 have to be only negative. It is customer's condition.

So, my question is:

If I use debit note, is there possibility to create invoice with negative value?

If I use credit note, is there possibility (by using formulas in pricing procedure) to "force" system into using of pozitive value in negative discount ZZ01?

Thanks a lot,

Marian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

I mean your sales price is PR00 and ZZ01, but you want in Billing the pricing conditions are only PR00.

For that you need to create routine( for alternative cal type)  for Condtion ZZ01 and the logic is in billing document the condition type ZZ01 will be deactivate, so that it will not caluclate the Condition ZZ01 value.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough amount appears as positive in Credit memo, it will post with negative value.

If customer wants to see this negative value in the output, you can modify the output program accordinyl.  In SAP financial posting it will work correctly.  Hence use Credit memo.

In SAP, it will not postany documents with negative value.  It is only negative indicator which is set.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally it is a credit note issued for a discount not passed on in an invoice. However, you can do as you wish.

Condition type can take negative value.

The account posting reverses in case of a negative value.