cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bold Text for header not coming in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have got smrtform for changes. They wanted some fields to be added. Now the problem is after adding header text which were in BOLD are getting displayed as BOLD. I passed the style created for the smartform

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

in smart style give paragraph format p1 and font style is bold and indents and spacing is centered.ass the smartstyle name in smartforms output options.now select the content that should be displayed as bold and give the name of the format p1 (character or paragraph) in styles.

find below screen shot.

thanks,

marimuthu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the same thing. Whatever you said the same thing i already had done. Don't know why it is not coming properly. In the smartform editor (where we write the text to display ), it is coming as bold, but when i try to show it in the print preview, there is not coming as BOLD. It is coming as plain text only.

Regards,

Swarnadeepta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you doing your print preview in the same client?

If not transport all objects needed into the other client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah i am transporting the object to someother client and there i am passing the required value.
Still the same error !!

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all..

I don't know how .. but my problem got solved..

i was working on Chinese fonts.. So in the smartstyle i changed the font-type from Helves to CNSONG.. and after the NACE configuration and translation in the se 63 (lang from English to Chinese ).. when i executed the transaction the form was coming absolutely fine as per the requirement .. but the question.. still remained the smae .. Why was it not working earlier and why it is working fine now.. Anyway.. the problem got solved .. if anyone finds any answer to my querry please respond.. Thanks all once again for your kind support.

Regards,

Swarnadeepta .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

please try the following.

click editor in text editor.then click ->go to->change editor->left most corner give the format name like p1 and don't forget to activate both smartstyles and smartform.

thanks,

MARIMUTHU.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

That what i did.

Same error !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the response and i am extremly sorry as by mistake the half of my querry got posted to this forum as when i tried to save this into draft. I tried to edit it, still failed. I am sorry for this.

My problem is the smartform which i have got for change, the header text initially were coming  as BOLD. After adding the required fields into it, it's not coming properly. In the change editor i passed the correct character format for this.

Eg : The Style created for this, has the Character Format as K for BOLD and Paraghaph format CE for center. so i passed in the change editor as for CE <K> Item Number </>

I don't really understand why it is not taking the BOLD format.. I activated the Style and the smartform as well.. I tried creating a new character format and passed. Still the same error is occuring. Can any one please suggest me what exactly can be the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Swarnadeepta.

bharat_rathod2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

please delete that text node and insert new text node with same data and give paragraph style ce and select that text or variable and assign charcater style k.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

please check the smartstyle once again that font style is bold or not and also check standard paragraph. Finally activate the smartstyle and pass the smartstyle name in smartforms output options.now select the content that should be displayed as bold and give the name of the format (character or paragraph) in styles.

thanks,

MARIMUTHU.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

if still the problem is not getting solved.

then download the smartform in XML format on ur pc.

and share it on sdn.

we will try to find out whats bothering you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

standard is <h> or <b> i think

best regards

ravi_lanjewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to check the font which is define as already bold or not. You are assuming bold with type but it should have been installed on the system with bold characterastic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Just one more time check the smart style what you have created already and check the style(paragraph format and character format) assigned to that particular header text element in smartform.

Thanks,

Bharathkumar.MG