Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit description and price of Catalog items in SC

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

During creation of a SC by adding a catalog item, I want to be able to change the description. Also when i manage this SC in SOCO i want to be able to change the price also. I have seen that when selecting catalog items, i cannot edit the description during the creation of the SC, nor the price in the SOCO.

Can this be changed?

BR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shopping cart can not be changed or modified in SOCO upto SRM version 7.1. The feature is available from 7.2 onwards.

Regarding change of text in SC, it is not allowed as it links to the catalogue.

With Regards,

Malay

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Malay,

I am aware that in the version i am running, editing the SC is not possible in SOCO. As i also see in note 1549371 this is possible in SRM 7.1. I am just looking for an alternative possibility than that of an upgrade, due to time limitation.

As conserns the description of a catalog item, i know that it cannot be edited. I want to know if someone had found a possibility to overcome this. For e,g we have seen that if the item guid is deleted (with BADI) then the system allows you to change the description.

BR

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the most easy way to achieve this is to clear the catalogid and catalogitem fields in the SC item in the doc change badi. This essentially makes it a free text item again.

Regards,

Robin

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Robin,

This is what i have thought. i was wondering if there is another way, but i suppose not!

thanks and regards

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is nearly always another way, this was just the quickest. Others involve the changing of SAP customising.

in SPRO in Extension and Field control->Configure field control->Display standard meta data for item fields you can see that for the description field a class + method is used to determine if the field should be editable. (/SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_IT_SC~DESCRIPTION).

With this you can go 2 ways:

1. Create an enhancement to this method to enable the changing of the field

2. a. Create your own class that influences the meta data of the field (just copy the above class and method and change the implementation according to your requirements.

b. change standard SAP customising via SM30, table /SAPSRM/V_MDF_IT (this is the same table as above, but here you can change the customising). Fill in the name and method of the z class for field DESCRIPTION of the BUS2121 object.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within the tables listed above, I show that the Description field is active, enabled, and editable, however, within our Service catalog is it is most definitely not editable.

Anywhere else to look?

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean with Service catalog? Is that a punchout catalog? Or services that have been replicated from your backend to SRM (and perhaps published in SRM-MDM)?

In the service master in ECC you also have to enable the checkbox ' change description allowed'.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin, you wrote "In the service master in ECC you also have to enable the checkbox ' change

description allowed'."... could you please tell me how to find this customizing  in ECC? I don't see the set up... I appreciate your help!

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not customising, this is in the service master (AC01, AC02). See the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robin,

I have to change Price for rejected catalog shopping carts.

I could change the PRICE only at item table view. Here i could not edit the PRICE field when item detail is displayed.

Is this standard behavior.Do i need to apply any note or i have to change any other settings. 

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

changing a catalog price should not be possible at any stage in the shopping cart - the catalog price is seen as a 'contract' price and fixed. If this is really necessary look at the pointers given in this thread.

Regards,

Robin

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is only considered possible to change the price of a catalog item of the item is 'free', i.e. with zero price, in the first place.

Use the note 1519599 to provide for the possibility of changing the price of free items in the SC.

Regards

Jason

Answers (0)