cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In BOM - The value of the Header Item - to be - the sum of the compoments(sub items) value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

The requirement is - In BOM (Bill of Materials) Process the "VALUE" of the Main Item (header level item) should be(AUTOMATICALLY calculated) the "SUM OF" Components (Lower Level Items),

I searched the forum but i dint get the discussion as per above requirement. Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Onwings,

Bojja has explained the standard BOM behavior with regards to pricing.

The pricing is either at main item level OR at sub item level.

If you want pricing at both levels, then try:

- maintain condition records for main and sub items in VK11

- in main / sub item (one of them) have field Statistical activated, in VOV7.

So that the prices are not calculated twice.

By the way, at header level, field Net value you can see the total of all the line items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, My question is Clear,

Either using ERLA (or) LUMF. I am not going to maintain any condition record to the main Item.

The Value of the Main Item to be calculated automatically. That is THE SUM OF(VALUES) of Sub Items(components).

If we Maintain the condition record to the MAIN ITEM. System blindly carry that value into pricing.

for example.

BOMH - 25,000/- (this is carried into pricing without considering the actual value of sub components)

BOM1 - 234 Rupees

BOM2 - 456 Rupees

BOM3 - 789 Rupees

--------

Total = ???? (to be displayed in the main item Value)

--------

Plzz guide me

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Onwings,

BOM1 - 234 Rupees

BOM2 - 456 Rupees

BOM3 - 789 Rupees

--------

This can not be done in standard SAP.

For this, you would have to go for coding.

Please test to eliminate the calculation of price "double" (as you would have both at main and sub item level).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

in one thread posted i red as below, please guide me... is this useful to the above requirement.

In Copy Controls, from Del - Billing @ Item level, Main item - mark "Cumulate cost " indicator, to sum up all the sub items cost into maint item.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Onwings,

Thank you for bringing up this point, I would suggest you go ahead and test this case. (I shall try it too).

From the F1 help, it indicates that the main item shall populate the cost (VPRS) which would be the sum of the VPRS of all the sub items. But maybe with some enhancements, it could meet your requirement.

SAP F1 help:

Cumulate cost

This field is used in the main item to control whether the cost value (usually condition type VPRS) is to be copied from the relevant sub-items. The following cases are taken into account:

• Free of charge sub-items (free goods)
  • Batch split items
  • Bill of material components

This function is needed especially if the sub-items involved are not relevant for billing. In this case the costs of these sub-items do not appear in CO-PA or the statistics.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Copy Controls, from Del - Billing @ Item level, Main item - mark "Cumulate cost "

I believe your requirement is to cumulate the price whereas the above IMG configuration will work for cumulating cost.  As already indicated by TW, you need to go for user exit.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give some idea, using user exit in my case. that is (BOM)Culminating the price of components and display for header item.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

BOM level only two process is their

one is HEADER LEVEL BOM, another one is ITEM LEVEL BOM,

1) Header level bom , this process can calculate the amount for header item only, not for sub items

2) Item level bom , this process can calculate the amount for ITEM level ( sub item value) , not for main item ,

based on condition records system pick calculate the value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, My question is Clear,

Either using ERLA (or) LUMF. I am not going to maintain any condition record to the main Item.

The Value of the Main Item to be calculated automatically. That is THE SUM OF(VALUES) of Sub Items(components).

If we Maintain the condition record to the MAIN ITEM. System blindly carry that value into pricing.

for example.

BOMH - 25,000/- (this is carried into pricing without considering the actual value of sub components)

BOM1 - 234 Rupees

BOM2 - 456 Rupees

BOM3 - 789 Rupees

--------

--------

Plzz guide me

Message was edited by: onwings guy