cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG1 update process in case of invoice cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which my customer wants to cancel invoice on a backdate. I am following the below mentioned process

1) Cancellation of excise invoice- J1iin

2) Cancellation of invoice- VF11

My question is that is this the right approach. And how to go about with the RG1 reguister update. Will that happen automatically or do I need to follow some process. Customer wants to nullify his invoice value.

Let me clarify that this is not a sales return, for some reason my customer wants to cancel this particular invoice and might not create a new invoice.

I have searched many threads but could not find anything relevant. Please help.

Regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my customer wants to cancel invoice on a backdate

Back date or previous month ??  If it is in the same month, then, I dont think, it will have any impact from Excise point of view.  On the other hand, if the cancellation process will have to be carried out in the previous month, then, your client will have problem from excise people. 

As you may be aware, excise returns will have to be submitted on or before 5th (I am not sure on this date) periodically and this being the case, for the previous month, the excise people would have already submitted the returns.  Now, if you cancel this excise invoice, your client should have proper justification in place to give justification to Excise authorities. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi for support